Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

How to import from earlier versions of msecure

My Msecure 7 has not imported data from earlier free version

Hi Roslyn,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  There is currently no mSecure 7. The current version of mSecure is mSecure 5. mSecure 5 is available for free, and can be used in a very limited form completely free. However, customers must purchase a license in order to use most features. Our system shows that you are using mSecure 5 with a paid account. You are currently using mSecure 5 on iOS only have have WiFi syncing enabled. If trying to sync across other devices, please either download and set up mSecure 5 on a Mac or Windows computer or change your sync settings to our mSecure Cloud, Dropbox, or iCloud Syncing (Apple devices only).

Syncing: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/36000114422

How to transfer your information from mSecure 4 or below to mSecure 5: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/folders/36000176650

I have installed msecure 5.6.2 on my iPhone, iPad and windows 10 PC. I cannot restore the database to the iOS devices. I have the msecure for windows working. I cannot sync with the computer to transfer the data to the iOS devices. What do I need to do to accomplish this. Everything was working with the 3.5.7 version.

Hi Elvert,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  Do you have mSecure 4 on your iPhone? Have you tried creating and restoring from a backup file on your iPhone? If so, can you let me know what you are having difficulties with? 

If using mSecure 3 and mSecure 5 on a computer:

1. Open and unlock mSecure 3

2. Click File

3. Click Backup and create a backup file

4. Open and unlock mSecure 5

5. Click the Settings icon

6. Click Backups

7. Click Restore Data 

8. Select the backup file created in step 3

You can view these articles to learn how to migrate your information from mSecure 3 or 4 to mSecure 5: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/folders/36000176650

do you have a live support person i can talk to? i'm trying to migrate from msecure 4 on my phone, to msecure 5 that's synced between my windows10 laptop and iphone. i've tried several times to follow suggestions in this forum with no success.  next step is to start over with a competitor.

Hi Scott,

No, we do not have phone support. However, I'm happy to help you here on the forums or you can create a ticket on this site or email us at support@msevensoftware.com. Can you let me know what your issues are here? It should be easy to create a backup of mSecure 4 on your phone and restore from that backup in mSecure 5 on your phone. After you get the information in mSecure 5 on your phone, you can use a sync feature to get the information over to mSecure 5 on all other devices. 

However, please note that iCloud syncing is a sync method only for Apple devices. Checking your account I see that you have set up mSecure 5 on your account to use iCloud syncing but you are using Apple and Windows devices so that wont work. I recommend switching your syncing feature to our mSecure Cloud, or Dropbox instead (mSecure 5 > Settings > Sync Settings > Change sync option)

Here are simple instructions to create an mSecure 4 backup in mSecure 4 on your iPhone and restore from that backup in mSecure 5 on your iPhone. Please go over the steps and let me know at what step your are running into issues and what those issues are.:

To import your existing information into mSecure 5, you can follow these steps on your iOS device. You must use Apple's Mail app to use these steps. You can use this article to learn how to set up the Mail App:

1. Open the old mSecure app on your device, and unlock the app using TouchID or by entering your password
  2. Tap the settings icon in the bottom toolbar
  3. Tap "Email Backup" to create a new backup of your data
  4. In  the "To" field, enter an email address that you have access to in the  "Mail" app on your iOS device, then tap "Send" in the top right to send  the email backup
  5. Open the Mail app on your device, and find the email with your backup file attached
  6. Tap on the attachment, then tap "Copy to mSecure"  NOTE: Since  you are still running mSecure 4.5 on your iOS device, there will be 2  "Copy to mSecure" icons. Tap the one that has the new, dark blue  background behind the key logo.
  7. After mSecure 5 is opened, use TouchID or enter your password to unlock the app
  8. Tap the red "Restore" button when prompted

After  you have completed these steps, you should now see all of your existing  information in mSecure 5. If you are using one of the app's sync  features (won't work if using iCloud syncing because you are using a Windows machine), within a minute or two, all of the data that was just restored  should sync over to all your devices running mSecure 5 and signed in to  the same account.

¡Los comentarios de esta discusión están cerrados!