Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

syncing with two accounts

I need to share/sync msecure with a colleague.  But we each purchased msecure 5 with our own accounts.   I realized that we need to be using the same account/credentials in order to be able to share the account & sync via cloud or dropbox.  How does one of us sign out of the account we are using and sign back in with the other's credentials?  I have tried deleting the app from my computer, logging into his msecure account, and downloading app again but when I open it, it's still linked to my account.  We are running iOS 10.13.1.

Hi Erin,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  To sign in to a different account, you can simply reinstall mSecure 5 on Android, iOS, and Windows. However, you mentioned removing the app from your computer and then mentioned iOS and then give me a macOS edition number. If you are trying to use mSecure 5 on your Mac, you'll have to do this in order to be able to sign in to a different account:

1. Open mSecure 5
  2. Click the Option button on your keyboard
  3. Click Help in the top menu bar
  4. Select the "Show Data file in Finder" option
  5. Close mSecure 5
  6. Remove the mSecure.mscb file (move it to the trash bin or click command+delete to remove it)
  7. Sign in to account

Or

1. Quit mSecure on your Mac
  2. Open a Finder window and using the menus at the top, select the ‘Go’ -> ‘Go to Folder…’
  3. Enter
    ~/Library/Containers/com.mseven.msecuremac/Data/Library/Application Support/mSecure
  4. Click ‘Go’
  5. Move the mSecure.mscb file to the trash
  6. Re-launch mSecure
  7. Sign in to account

Thank you for your response.  

So once both machines are signed into the same msecure account, we plan to sync via Dropbox.  We have a Dropbox business account, so each user signs into dropbox with unique Dropbox credentials.  Will msecure be able to sync via dropbox in this scenario?

Hi Erin,

No, you will not be able to sync in that scenario. You'll have to either use the same Dropbox account or switch to using our mSecure Cloud. Please note that you can use a completely different Dropbox account for mSecure's Dropbox syncing then you do for anything else on your device. When linking the Dropbox account, you simply need to make sure to select the "Use a different Dropbox account" option.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario