Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Beantwortet

2FA locked behind premium subscription?

I feel like 2FA shouldn't be locked behind a premium subscription model.  I'm sure you all do you research and understand the market but I feel like 2FA has become a standard feature and it helps tremendously with security.  Just wanted to throw my vote out there that I feel like it should be included in the base product or have multiple ways to access it, perhaps a $5 purchase to add it to a grandfathered in plan vs an ongoing subscription?

Anyway, thanks for all your doing to make the app great!

Antwort

Hi Harrison,

I understand where you are coming from and thank you for your feedback, but mSecure already has two factor authentication built in the app itself. mSecure uses your password as one of the authentication pieces and the other is your account key/QR code. If you don't have one of these pieces, you will be unable to sign in to your account. If you wish to purchase our premium subscription, you then gain access to another authentication piece which is only used when you are signing into your account on a new device or if you are signing into your account after uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If you want this third authentication piece and more we now require you to purchase a premium subscription. 

To learn more about mSecure's security design, please read this article: mSecure's Security Model - Secure by design

Hey Mark, I see.  I had forgotten about the QR code piece of the equation since I haven't logged in for the first time on a new device in a long time.  That does make me feel better about having some sort of 2FA in place.  Thanks for sharing and glad there are different options available to us!

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen