Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Password Help

My iPhone face id had to be reset because of a glitch and MSecure requires login before setting up Face ID. I DONOT remember my password and when I selected lost pw, it suggested I would lose my data(my lifeline). I do not want to lose all my data. PLEASE HELP. I have important info on your App and don’t want to start over. I am technology challenged so really need help and guidance. Also, once I’m in, I need to know how to change email. The current email is still active but I am moving over to gmail.

Hi JoAnn,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Due to the security in mSecure, there is no way to reset the password for the account without destroying the information stored in the app. If you are able to access the app using Face ID, then you are able to change the password, but if you can't unlock the app, it would be a huge security hole if you were able to get access to the account without destroying the data at the same time. The reason for this is that if this were possible, mSeven Software would have to have access to both your account password and your account key (which is used to encrypt/decrypt your data). If we had access to that security information, however, your data would not be secure. Since we do everything possible to keep your data secure, there is no way to bypass or change your password to get access to your data. The only way it can be done is if you know your account password. Without it, there is simply no way to decrypt the data currently stored in the app.

Regarding Face ID, that feature is designed by Apple to work the way it does, and that design is to keep your information safe. When Face information is changed, where a face gets added or deleted, the private information for security apps like mSecure gets deleted from the system. If it didn't work this way, then anyone could get hold of your device, add their Face to iOS, then they would be able to unlock mSecure on your device. Since the password for mSecure is deleted when a new face is added or deleted, your mSecure data remains safe even if someone who is not authorized gets access to your device.

At this point, remembering your password is the only thing that can be done to retrieve your data. Do you have any ideas as to what the password could be? If so, one thing that has helped some customers in this situation is trying some letter substitutions for the password attempts. Whatever the password may be, it's possible you used number and/or special character substitutions like typing $ for S or 3 for E. Hopefully this can aid you in finding the correct combination of characters for your password.

That is unacceptable. I have years of info stored in your app. There has to be security questions you can ask me to confirm. PLEASE HELP! There has to be another way.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say this is unacceptable, JoAnn. What I explained to you is how the system works, and it works the way it does to keep your data as safe as possible. We have made the choice to not ever have access to anything in your information that could cause your data to be stolen or accessed by an unauthorized user. As explained in my previous post, if it were possible to change your password after it's forgotten, that would mean your password was stored in some place other than your memory so that it could be retrieved and used to open mSecure. Again, that would create a security hole for our user's data that we are unwilling to expose in mSecure.

I understand this is a very difficult situation that you're finding yourself in right now, and I'm sorry you are not able to remember your password to access your information. However, the security built into mSecure works the way it does to keep your data safe. At this time, there is no way to retrieve the password, because it is only ever stored in the user's memory, unless, of course, it has been written down or given to someone else. Since we do not ever get access to your password, there is literally no way for us to retrieve it.

The only option for retrieval we have is if you were using the desktop version of mSecure and you had made a CSV export of your data. In that case, you would have an unencrypted file with your data stored in it that we could then import back into mSecure.

A backup file will not help in this situation, because you don't know the password that was used when the backup was created. For backups, if the password can't be used to decrypt the data stored in the backup file, the backups can't be restored.

Is it possible you exported your data to a CSV file at some point in the past JoAnn?

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen