Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Password reset

I forgot my password to login to my app how do I reset it and not lose any of my passwords

1 Person hat dieses Problem

Hi Henry,

Unfortunately, there is not a lot we can do in these situations. In order for the information stored in mSecure to be as secure as possible, mSeven Software doesn't acquire our customer's password or the information stored in their mSecure account, so there is no way for us to retrieve either of those items. Also, in order to keep your information from being accessed without your permission, it is not possible to bypass or change an account's password when mSecure is not accepting the password the user is entering.

Also, if you have to reset your password when you don't have access to mSecure, all of the data stored in the app will be lost. The reason for this is to maintain the highest level of security when it comes to the information you store in the app. If a feature were implemented to retrieve the password for an account, that would mean we would have to know secrets to access your information. In order to avoid that, we do not support the ability to reset a password without destroying the data stored in the account.

I'm really sorry I don't have better news here.

Do you have any ideas as to what the password could be? If so, one thing that has helped some customers in this situation is trying some letter substitutions for the password attempts. Whatever the password may be, it's possible you used number and/or special character substitutions like typing $ for S or 3 for E. Hopefully this can aid you in finding the correct combination of characters for your password.

I added mSecure to my new iPad. For a few days it worked using the touch feature to open it.  After I updated iOS it’s been glitchy. I’m completely locked out of my iPad mSecure account while my iPhone mSecure is still working with my account. I attempted to change the passcode today and re-enable touch passcode and it wouldn’t accept my old or new password.  I s this an iOS glitch or what?  Thanks in Advance Clint 

@Clint I'm not sure what's happening here, but you should have no problems with mSecure on your iPad. Also, if you're able to get into mSecure on at least one device, you should not be changing your password on that device to try to fix anything on the others. If everything is working on one device, it should be working on all devices signed in to the same account. If things aren't working, then inevitably, changing the password on the one device is not going to help. Also, please do not tap the "Forgot password" button to try to change anything. That will take you through the account reset process, and usually bad things arise from that when it's not needed.

First, when you open mSecure on your iPhone, are you able to enter your password manually to open it, or are you only able to open it using Face/Touch ID?

If you are able to open your iPhone by entering your password manually, are you sure you're entering that same password on your iPad? If you are, can you please check on the dark gray lock screen on both devices to see what email address is displayed at the top of the screen? Is it the same email address?

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen