Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Shambolic & sneaky upgrade to Version 6

Unlike some users I only bought mSecure4 in 2015, have been a happy user and even recommended it to family. When mSecure5 was announced, I pre-ordered and on delivery I migrated to it. I found issues with it so just left version 5 'as-is'  and continued to use mSecure4.

With recent prompts to upgrade from mSecure4, I thought I'd revisit mSecure5.

What a shock! Not only had mSecure5 been upgraded without my knowledge to version 6, but I can't even get into it as my mSecure5 password does not work.  So I count myself very fortunate that I'm still using mSecure4 with my many hundreds of passwords and other items, otherwise I'd be up the creek without a boat, never mind a paddle.

I understand why mSeven Software wanted to move to a subscription model but am very disappointed with what seems to be an underhand way of going about it.  We should have been forewarned about this but having searched my emails going back to 2015, there was no information or advanced warning about version 6. I also agree with the many users who've posted on the issue. 

So here's what I've done and am doing:

- I've ensured that my existing Android mSecure4 will not be auto updated.

- I've contacted those I previously recommended to un-recommend mSecure.

- I've placed the Windows version in a virtual environment as an archived backup.

- I'm commencing a search for a different password manager.

Trust and confidence are precious commodities, and once lost, it's really really difficult to get it back. Your actions have not left me with any confidence!

Disappointed!

Hi Mark,

mSecure 6 is a direct upgrade to mSecure 5, so if automatic updates are on for a device, the app will be updated. That's an OS-specific feature, and there is nothing we can do to stop it from happening. With regards to you needing to be warned, we agree. This is why we sent out at least two emails to all our customers letting them know that mSecure 6 would be released about three weeks prior to it being published in the app stores. If you have an mSecure 5 account, you would have been notified. However, there are many things that could have kept you from receiving the email that we cannot foresee nor can we fix. It's possible the email went to a spam folder, it could have been undeliverable for some reason, and there are other things that can happen with email that we cannot account for.

With regards to your concern, however, I don't understand it. If you have a v5 Pro license, you don't lose anything in the upgrade to mSecure 6. On the contrary, you actually gain functionality. You don't have to pay for the upgrade, because if you have a v5 Pro license, mSecure 6 gives you an Essentials account. So you don't have to do anything accept for install the app in order to continue having access to all of the functionality you had in mSecure 5. Is there a reason you are upset that you don't lose any functionality in moving to mSecure 6 without having to pay for the upgrade?

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen