Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Tracking in Android app

Why do you use tracking in Android app? Is it possible to disable it in future releases?

Hi Kostiantyn,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure what you are referring to here in the screenshot you provided. To my knowledge, there is no tracking feature that we have implemented in the app, and I'm not sure what the screen is actually saying. Those are all websites listed in the scree, so it's likely you opened mSecure's built in web browser. Did you use mSecure's browser recently?

No, I haven't. I tried to use autofill in 3d party apps and give all permissions.

I'm not sure what you mean. Did you try to use the autofill for the 3 apps that are listed on the screen you attached? The only thing I can think of is that if the autofill UI is over the top of a 3rd party app, then maybe the tracking that could be happening in that app is getting linked to mSecure in some way. However, I do need to say that I don't use Android devices regularly, so I don't know what the tracking system you are talking about here actually does. I do know that we have not implemented tracking in mSecure. The only thing mSecure can do in certain circumstances is log app usage for certain actions a user takes, but this is simply a way to narrow in on how the UI is either helpful or not when the app is used. It's not tracking anything specifically with any given user, if that makes sense.

Thank you, Mike! This screenshot is from duckduckgo app tracking protection. I haven't use mSecure browser, just tried to use Auti-login setting. All is clear now :)

No problem at all Kostiantyn! Please let me know if you have any other questions about mSecure.

Hi Mike! I'm here again, but with mSecure 6 :) New version contains tracking, please tell my why :) Build-in browser wasn't used

Also logging is disabled, so I 'm confused

@Kostiantyn The tracking you are seeing there is happening through the Microsoft App Center. We have added this so we can easily track stack tracing when errors occur, and it's helped us already with diagnosing and fixing at least two bugs in the first release of v6.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen