Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

License IOS device how to activate also MacOS computer?

Dear support team, I’ve bought the IOS version of Msecure 5 on my IOS device through the AppStore. I also have an Apple computer for which I would like to use this password manager. How do I activate my license with the Apple computer running MacOS? Kind Regards, Robbert van Gom Neumann

Hi Robbert,

As long as you have downloaded mSecure 5 onto your Mac, and you are signed in to the same account as on your iOS device, you should already see a license applied to the mSecure app. If you don't see that, the problem is likely that you're signed in to different mSecure accounts on your devices.

I'm going to have you check the username in mSecure's Account Settings on each of your devices. I don't know all the different platforms you use, so I'm sending you the instructions for all of them. When you respond, please tell me the different devices you are using next to the email you see in the Account Settings of each app.

To find the email address for your account, follow the instructions below on each device running mSecure.

For the iOS app:

1.    Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view

2.    Tap Settings at the bottom of menu

3.    Tap Account Settings

For the Mac app:

1.    Open mSecure

2.    Click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar in the top left of your screen

3.    Click the "Account" tab

Are both of your mSecure apps signed in to the same email address you're using here in the support forum?

Mike, question, will this msecure 5 pro mac app that I'm running now still be active once we go to 6?
Or is 6 going all browser type like 1pass?

I've been with you a long time, and I hate subscriptions, but times change, and I do understand you wanting to stay alive.
If 5 pro users truly get the annual $20.04    I'll give it a shot!  :) 
what's our timeline?

@Greg We do not have any plans on moving to a web app like Dashlane has done or to an Electron-based app like 1Password. mSecure is one app created natively in 4 different platforms, 5 including the new browser extensions, and we don't foresee that changing.

As mentioned in the pre-ship email, if you have paid for an mSecure 5 license, you'll get an Essentials account at no cost. That being said, here is a link to the new pricing model in v6: https://www.msecure.com/pricing-breakdown/

We are planning to release v6 next week.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen