Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Forgot password to get into MSecure 5

I don’t have my old phone or QR code. I was using Face ID but now can’t get in and I don’t remember my password. I don’t want to reset my account and lose my data. I really need to get in and get my passwords. How can I reset my password to get into MSecure?

Hi Layne,

I just responded to you in your other post here in the forum. We'll continue in that thread to keep things as simple as possible moving forward.

msecure6 says i have an account but won't let me change the password. i want to migrate m4 to m6 but can't reset 6 or change the password and m4 has stopped working so right now i have access to no passwords at all and you are all on vacation. Frustrating. Shopping around for another password app that is easier to use. Bummer. 

Hi Amy,

The problem you're experiencing can be fixed very easily by first resetting your mSecure account. After you do that, you'll be able to sign in to your account in mSecure 6 and transfer your data. The problem is, mSecure 4 didn't have an account system, and at some point, you set up an account most likely in mSecure 5. Now you're trying to sign in to that account, but the password is not the same as the password you use to open the mSecure 4 app. It's not a huge problem, and it's not uncommon. You just need to reset your account first.

To be clear, resetting your mSecure account will have no effect on the data stored in mSecure 4. mSecure accounts debuted in mSecure 5, so any versions prior to that didn't tie in to any type of account system, so changes in v4 cannot have any effect to the data stored in v6 and vice a versa.

To reset your account, follow the steps below:

1) Delete mSecure from your device(s)

2) Open this link in your web browser on any device: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start/

3) Enter your email address in the "Email Address" field, then click "START PROCESS"

4) You'll receive an email with information for the account reset. Read that email, then click "RESET ACCOUNT".

5) Enter a new password two times, enter a hint to help you remember the password, then click "RESET ACCOUNT"

6) Install mSecure from the store app on your device - App Store app, Play app, or Microsoft Store app

7) Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account

8) Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set

9) Choose which sync feature you would like to use

10) When prompted, choose the option to import your data from mSecure 4

Were you able to reset your account and get your data imported from mSecure 4 Amy?

I have been using Face ID for three years , then upgraded my phone and mSecure now needs my password, however by always using Face ID I had forgotten my password, is there any way to retrieve my data ? Even My backup needs my password. Without resetting my account and losing my data. This is a big problem for me all my passwords are in this app. Didn’t think this would happen or I would have screenshot the password before updating the phone. Thought I could continue to use Face ID to access mSecure

Hi Russell,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing with your password. There is no way to retrieve your password if you don't currently have access to your account on at least one device. Do you by any chance have access to your old phone? If so, are you able to open mSecure on that device?

I upgrade to a new iPhone. And dont remember my password to open the Mseccure App. on the new iPhone. 

But when I reset the password all my records are gone. 

However, i have a backup in my MAC. How can I restore the backup file to my new iPhone?

@Ron When you say you have a backup on your Mac, can you explain that in more detail? Are you saying you can open the mSecure app on your Mac and view your information, or are you saying you have a backup file stored on your Mac that was made from before you forgot your password? If it's a file, can you let me know the full name of the file including the 4 characters after the period?

I do not have mSecure App on my Mac. I cannot open mSecure from my Mac,

However, I have the backup file store on my Mac prior to forgot the password.

The file name is: 

mSecureAutoBackup_2023-12-22_15.45.47.msecurebackup

Hope this help.

Thank you for getting back to me Ron. So if I'm not mistaken, the password you were using when the .msecurebackup file was created was using the password you no longer remember. Is that correct?

If the backup was created with password you cannot remember, there is, unfortunately, no way to retrieve the data stored in that file. Your password is part of the security information needed to encrypt/decrypt the data stored in the backup file, so without it, there is no way to decrypt the data. Also, we do not acquire any sensitive information stored in mSecure, so there is no way for us to retrieve the password for you.

At this point, the only way to get at the data stored in the backup file is to remember the password that was used when the file was created. I'm sorry I don't have better news here Ron.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen