Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Synchronizing my iPhones and iPad

My m Secure 5.0 trial expired and my data was not synchronizing between my i Phones and iPad. After I purchased the app my i Phones synced with no problem. I went to log into the app on my iPad and it wanted me to input my password instead of my fingerprint. I screwed up and reset the account on the iPad in order change the password since I couldn't remember the password. I did back it up via email before resetting. I finally remembered the old password and was able to recover my data. Now, I cannot sync my 3 Apple devices. I am getting errors that say "sync error" and "the local account key doesn't match the remote account key". How do I fix this thing so all my devices sync?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. The reason you are receiving the sync errors is because the sync data stored in either your iCloud or Dropbox account is old data encrypted by the old account key. In order to fix this problem, you will need to delete that sync data. However, before I send instructions on how to delete the old sync data, can you let me know on which device you are sure you have access to all of your mSecure information? On that device, do you see any error messages when you view your information?

Hello Mike,

I can access my data on my personal and work iPhones with no errors. It is only on my iPad that I have the errors and it will not sync with the phones. Thank you.

Thanks for the extra information Alex. There's something else going wrong here. If you have two devices that are syncing without any problem, and one that is throwing errors, there's more of a problem than just the sync file.

The first thing I'm going to do is have you check the username that you see in the Account Settings of mSecure on each device:

For the iOS app:

1.    Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view

2.    Tap Settings at the bottom of menu

3.    Tap Account Settings

Which email address do you see next to "Username" in the "Account Settings" on all three devices?

Yes, all 3 devices show the same Username.

I'm not sure how this is happening, but somehow the account key in mSecure on your iPad is not synced up with your other devices. As long as all your data is available on one or your iPhones, the quickest solution should be to simply delete mSecure on your iPad, reinstall the app from the App Store app, and then sign back in to your account. That should take care of the account key problem.

Did that fix the issue Alex?

Mike,

Deleting the app on my iPad and reinstalling has not worked. It wants me to authenticate with a QR code but every time I try the app tells me that it is an invalid code.

Thank you.

Hi Alex,

How are you trying to scan the QR code? Are you revealing it in the Account Settings of mSecure on one of your iPhones?

A little different issue for me-

mSecurity works fine on my iPhone

I want to synch that iPhone mSecure to my iPad

How can I do this?

Mike,

Yes I am. 

Alex

@Edward I checked your account, and it looks like you are trying to use Wi-Fi syncing. Since you have a Windows computer running mSecure, you should have no problems syncing that way, but I would recommend using mSecure Cloud for syncing instead. It's very simple to use, and since it doesn't rely on your devices communicating over Wi-Fi, there's hardly ever an issue causing the syncing to fail. Let me know how you would like to proceed, and I'll help.

@Alex Ok, I think I know what's happening here. The first thing we need to do is get you signed in to your account on your iPad. The problem here is that the new account key that was created after you reset your account was not able to get synced over to your other iOS devices. After we get your iPad signed in to your account, then we can reset mSecure on your other iOS devices, and that should take care of the problem.

The first thing I'm going to have you do is turn off syncing for your account. To do that, open mSecure on your iPhone, tap the menu icon in the top left of the screen, then tap Sync Settings in the Settings screen. In the Sync Settings screen, tap the row at the top, and choose to Disable syncing. This way, when I have you restore your data from your backup on your iPad, it will only stay on that device until we get mSecure reset on the other devices.

Now that syncing is displayed, you'll need to find the email that was sent to you after you reset your account on your iPad. The reason you can't authenticate with the QR code in the Account Settings of mSecure on your iPhone is because it has not been updated since you reset your account on your iPad. So you need to use the new Account Key that was sent out after your reset your account. Do you remember getting an email after you reset your account and then set up mSecure on your iPad for the first time? You should have received that email sometime after 18th of December, which looks to be when you reset your account. If you can find that email, sign in to your account in mSecure on your iPad, then when you get to the authentication screen, open the PDF attachment in the Authentication email, and and scan the QR code in the PDF.

Did that work to get you authenticated on your iPad?

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen