Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

"I cannot modyfy user <text> (206)" when trying tosync via msecure cloud

Hallo,

ich habe gerade mein Msecure 4 auf Version 5 upgedatet.

PC funktioniert

iPhone funktiniert

MAC: Ich bekomme die Fehlermeldung im Betreff.

Msecure Version: 5.7.2

Hallo Rainer,

vielen Dank, dass Sie sich mit uns in Verbindung gesetzt haben, und es tut mir leid für das Problem, das Sie haben. Dieses Problem tritt gelegentlich auf, und wir haben die genaue Ursache noch nicht herausfinden können. Die einfachste Lösung ist, mSecure auf Ihrem Mac zurückzusetzen und sich dann wieder bei Ihrem mSecure-Konto anzumelden. Bevor ich Ihnen eine Anleitung dazu schicke: Haben Sie alle Ihre Daten in mSecure auf Ihrem PC und Ihrem iPhone?

---

Hi Rainer,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. This is something we run into occasionally, and we haven't been able to figure out the exact cause yet. The easiest solution is to reset mSecure on your Mac, and then sign back in to your mSecure account. Before I send instructions for doing that, do you have all your data in mSecure on your PC and iPhone?

Hi Mike,

As I updated from mSecure 4 I have all data on my NAS, wich worked as Dropbox and have secured them via backup. These backup files are currently on my QNAP NAS.

Current situation:

PC: I loaded a Backup from mSecure 4

iPhone:  I synced via WLAN from the PC

MAC:  No data loaded yet, the idea was to sync that via mSecure Cloud.

Hopefully that helps you with rhe issue.

Thanks for your support, Rainer

Thank you for the extra information Rainer. In order to fix the problem, I'm going to have you reset mSecure on your Mac by following the instructions below:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac

2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen, hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear in the drop down menu

3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"

4. Close mSecure

5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash

Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed

2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen

3. Click "Sign In"

Enter your mSecure account's email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.

Did that fix the problem Rainer?

Hello Mike,

sorry for the delay.  Unfortunately this point does not work:

---> Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen, hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear in the drop down menu

the hidden entry in the drop down menu does not appear.

Maybe my MacOS is too old?  -- version 10.13.6 (17G14042)  High Sierra --

thanks, Rainer

You should see the hidden option even in High Sierra. When you click on the Help menu option, are you seeing the word "mSecure 5" in the left corner of your screen? I added a screenshot of what I see on my Mac in hopes that will help.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen