Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

unlock with Apple Watch

Please add the ability to unlock mSecure 5 on iMacs and MacBooks that don't have a fingerprint sensor.  I am not interested in adding records to my watch, only using it to unlock the device.  I have a Series 4 watch and am running mSecure Version 5.7.2 and Mac OS Catalina.  

4 Personen gefällt die Idee

Good idea David, or maybe authenticate with Face ID on iPhone?

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the feedback on this feature. I'm going to bring this up in our development meeting tomorrow. I believe the feature is only supported for unlocking via Apple Watch, but I'll bring up the idea for the phone as well. If it can be added, it would be for the first or second release of mSecure 6.

Unlocking with Apple Watch was recently announced by 1Password. Will mSecure release this feature as well?

Just read this as well and came directly here to ask for the same. This is a really useful feature.

@Florian, @Georgios,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I'm in the process now of talking to our developer about this feature. I would expect it to be available in mSecure 6 at the earliest.

@Mike

Great! Let us know when you have an update!

I'd love to see unlock with Apple Watch.

Thank you for the input request Robert! In version 6, which is nearly ready for its first beta release, Apple Watch unlock is already implemented. I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to use the feature right after it's added to the app, and it's been a great addition to mSecure's functionality. 

Great news Mike, can't wait to get this.

So, the version 6 have been released. Is there any chance that Apple Watch unlock to be implemented ?

This is already working in version 6.

@Georios Thank you for answering Eduard's question!

@Eduard Did you see the feature in Mac's Preferences that allow you to set up Apple Watch unlock?

Are we talking about this?

@Eduard That's not what we're talking about. That is the setting for your Mac, which needs to be turned on, but it's not the setting that you need to enable in mSecure. In mSecure on your Mac, open the app, then click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. After mSecure's Preferences pop up, click the Security tab, and you should see the same as what is shown in the screenshot I attached. Check the box to "Unlock with Apple Watch," enter your mSecure password, and you should be set for unlocking with your watch.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen