Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

upgraded to latest version of msecure - can't see how to modify the type of a record

I have been using msecure 3 & 4, finally upgraded to msecure 5.7

disappointed in the lack of filtering on the home screen, compared to msecure 3.  As you can see less of the entries at a time,  because the icon is larger, and the description/username are on separate lines with more white space.  Oh well,  I can always filter by type or groups. 

So trying to filter by type (as I've not needed to do this previously), but I notice that I can't change the type (you could in the old version, so I'm sure it must be there and I've just not found it).  How do I change the type?

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately, changing a record's type once it has been created is not possible in mSecure 5. However, if you recently made the change to mSecure 5, you could always update your records in mSecure 3 or 4, create a new mSecure 3 or 4 backup file, and restore from that file in mSecure 5. Here are backup and restore articles to help you with that process if needed: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000065649

thanks, this is a shame its a regression from what we had previously :-(  

Hi Anna,

While type changing will not be added to mSecure 5, it is already implemented in mSecure 6. I don't have a release date just yet, but it will be ready as soon as possible.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen