Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Wifi Syncing Working without Wifi

Hello,

I have macbook pro and apple iphone both connected to the same home network. With the macbook connected by ethernet and the wifi turned off and the iphone connected by wifi, the two devices are syncing. I thought wifi syncing only worked when both systems have wifi turned on. I did not see this capability in the release notes, and I thought I should mention it. If the support team could comment, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting us. WiFi syncing is simply called that because it's easier to understand than calling it LAN/WLAN syncing. mSecure 5 will allow you to sync locally regardless of how your devices are connected as long as they are connected to the same network and can communicate properly with each other locally. If you don't want syncing to occur, you can disable syncing or simply disable the auto-sync option in mSecure 5 on devices that are not your "Main computer" or the sync server.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen