Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Email Backup Password

I switched to a new iPhone so I emailed my backup. It's saying the passwords don't match. It's the same password I use to log in and hasn't changed. 

2 Personen haben dieses Problem

Hi Amy,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  All backup files are encrypted with the login password (mSecure 4 or below) or account password (mSecure 5) in use when the backup file was created. In order to be able to restore from a backup file, you will need to know the backup file's password.

I’m putting in the back-up file’s password and it’s not opening. What do I need to do to get it opened since the password I have isn’t working?

Hi Amy,

Unfortunately, I don't know what you mean hear. Again, each backup file is encrypted with the password in use in mSecure when the backup file was created. In order to be able to restore from a backup file you will have to input the backup's password exactly the same. If the password is not working, you are not entering in the password that was used to encrypt the backup file correctly.

I have the password. I wrote it down. It’s not working. I need to know what other options there are to open the file.

Unfortunately, there are no other options here. The only way to restore from a backup file is know exactly what the encryption password is for the backup file. If you wrote a password down, perhaps you wrote down the wrong password or you have a new mSecure account or mSecure login password written down and not the exactly password that was in use when the backup file was created. 

Kommentare zu dieser Diskussion sind jetzt geschlossen!