Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Gelöst

Mobile app and desktop app show different data

I have mSecure 5.6 on my iPhone (OS 12), synced to mSecure Cloud.

I recently bought a MacBook Pro (High Sierra) and installed mSecure 5.6 desktop app.

I successfully signed into my account on the desktop app and it apparently synced to mSecure Cloud; the desktop app shows all my data.

I did not do anything with the QR code ; if I got an email requiring authentication, I don't recall.

Both desktop and mobile apps are synced to mSecure Cloud.

When I make a change to data on either mobile or desktop app, the change is not reflected on the other. 

How do I get the desktop and mobile apps to show the same data?

I assume that data automatically syncs to mSecure Cloud from both desktop and mobile apps. Is this a correct assumption?

What is the frequency of automatic syncing to mSecure Cloud? 

If I make a change on either desktop or mobile, how long can I expect to wait for desktop and mobile to be in sync with each other?

Is there a way to manually force syncing? I found manual sync on the desktop File > Sync, but cannot find a corresponding action on the mobile app.

Thank you.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing. With the release of mSecure 5.5 and above on iOS and Mac, mSecure 5 will now save your encrypted account key on your iCloud Drive (if iCloud Drive is enabled). This makes it so that mSecure 5 will first look for your encrypted account key on your iCloud Drive to authenticate your account. If no information is found or the current encrypted key is not valid, it will then display options to authenticate your mSecure account using your QR code instead. Otherwise, you will be automatically authenticated using your encrypted account key on your iCloud Drive.

In order to sync in mSecure 5 you need to be using mSecure 5 on all devices and be signed in to the same mSecure account. If using our mSecure Cloud, the information will be synced automatically. How are you testing to see if the syncing is working or not? When you make a change in mSecure on one device, that device will sync with our system immediately. However, all other devices can take up to a minute to check for those changes and sync in the changes. mSecure 5 on each device will also automatically check for changes anytime you unlock the app as well.

To manually sync:

Mac: command+shift+S or File > Sync

iOS: To manually sync on iOS, please have at least one record on iOS or create a test record and follow these steps:

1. Tap and hold the top record

2. Drag the record down and release

Also, to easily check on the changes, make sure to navigate to the Recents section of mSecure 5 on each device

Mac:

Open and unlock mSecure 5 > click Recents

iOS:

Open and unlock mSecure 5 > Tap menu > Tap Recents

When I tried to sync on the iOS device I got an error message: error saving data to the mSecure Cloud.

So apparently, mSecure on my iPhone is not syncing; I have no idea how to fix that.

I am definitely using the same account with the same email on both Mac and iOS, and iCloud is definitely enabled. 

Hi Tracy,

I've never see that message on mSecure 5 for iOS. However, I have seen it with our Mac version. My first recommendation would be to reinstall mSecure 5 on your iPhone to see that fixes your issues here. Also, could you let me know your mSecure account email address? I can't find anything when I search for the email address you are using on our support website here.

Sorry, using different email. 

Account email is tracyjoreith AT gmail.com

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for providing me your email address. Have you tried reinstalling mSecure 5 on your iOS device? Did that make any difference? Please make sure you have access to your authentication email before reinstalling the app: https://support.msecure.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064234

Yes, reinstalling mSecure 5 on iOS solved the problem of iPhone app not syncing to mSecure cloud. mSecure on both devices are now in sync with each other and presumably mSecure Cloud.

Thank you for the advice. I didn't need a separate authentication email or the QR code; I was able to successfully sign in with my email and password. It appears that once I installed mSecure on my Mac, that took precedence for syncing, rendering the iOS install unable to sync until it was reinstalled.

When in doubt reboot or reinstall. 

Hi Tracy,

I'm glad that reinstalling fixed your issues here. Again, with the release of mSecure 5.5 and above on iOS and Mac, mSecure 5 will now save your encrypted account key on your iCloud Drive (if iCloud Drive is enabled). This makes it so that mSecure 5 will first look for your encrypted account key on your iCloud Drive to authenticate your account. If no information is found or the current encrypted key is not valid, it will then display options to authenticate your mSecure account using your QR code instead. Otherwise, you will be automatically authenticated using your encrypted account key on your iCloud Drive.

Also, what takes precedence when syncing is the sync method or sync server you have selected in mSecure. That would be mSecure Cloud, iCloud, Dropbox, or your main computer when using WiFi syncing in mSecure on a computer.

I am having a similar issue only the reverse!  I get an error when manually syncing within my desktop msecure app!

It seems to be syncing from my phone (ie no error message). 

I have gone in to the system setting on my iPhone and made sure the password & accounts setting.  The autofill are on 

for both iCloud Keychain and Msecure.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen