Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Gelöst

App wont open

I have been unable to login over the last few days as the app keeps hanging after I type in the password that has been working since purchasing the app in May. Tried deleting app and re-installing but still having same problem

Hi Robyn,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  First, it looks like you have syncing disabled on your account. With syncing disabled, you will not have any records in mSecure once you regain access to the app. Thankfully, if you didn't disable iCloud access to mSecure, the app does create auto-backup files that can be used to restore your mSecure information. Additionally, you can also create manual email backup files so might have created those yourself in the past as well.

To fix your hanging issues here:

1. Open the Files app on your device
  2. Tap mSecure
  3. Tap the random looking folder name (your mSecure Account User ID)

There you should see an mSecure file, along with some folders. If the mSecure file looks to have a cloud or download icon next to it, please tap that icon to download the file on your device. Afterwards, try signing in to your mSecure account again.

Since I already explain your account not having syncing enabled, here is how you'll be able to restore your information once signed in and authenticated:

1. Open and unlock mSecure 5
  2. Tap the menu icon
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Tap Backups
  5. Tap on the latest backup file and tap Restore

Please let me know if you have any questions about this, or if you run into any issues following my steps.

Hi Eden,

Thanks for your help I have been able to restore everything and access the app again. I think the problem was actually my Files app as it was empty when opened and I had to reboot my ipad to get everything back. Was then able to login to mSecure instantly and restore all data from backup.

Hi Robyn,

That's great! I'm happy you were able to sign in to the app and recover your information. I'm also happy to see that you've set up one of our sync options now. 

I have been unable to open the app at all recently. Whenever I do it just says that the app quit unexpectedly. Any time I try to reopen it repeats the same thing. I'm not sure if its a problem with apple or just my laptop but if I cant use the app then I'd at least like to try and find a way to get my data back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thx.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you're experiencing here. We have seen this happen with a handful of other customers after the release of 6.1.5. Unfortunately, we're not sure yet what is causing this to happen on macOS versions as new as Big Sur (v11.6).

The only thing we can do right now until the bug is weeded out is send you a legacy build of 6.1.4, which will run fine until we get a new release published. If you would like to get access to that build, please send us an email to support@msevensoftware.com. After you send the email, let me know here in the forum, and I'll respond as soon as I see it.

As long as y'all are aware of the issue I should be fine. Luckily it doesn't impact me too much. Just lmk when the issue is fixed. Thx

No problem Charles. When 6.1.6 is released, and you have been able to update the app on your Mac running Big Sur, the issue should be resolved. If not, please let me know.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen