Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Cannot authenticate on mobile

I just installed mSecure5 on my note 5 with android 7. I already have mSecure 5 installed on my windows desktop. I sign in on my mobile, and it asks for an account key. I try pulling up the QR code on my desktop and using the phone camera, but that doesn't work. I've also tried resending it with a PDF file to my e-mail and scanning that one. Still doesn't work. I also tried selecting a .png, and .msib files. Nothing works. How do I get this stupid authentication to work?

Hi Philip,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  How are you pulling up the QR code on your desktop? Are you opening mSecure 5 on your computer, going to Settings, and clicking Reveal to reveal the QR code or are you opening the QR code email and using the QR code image in the email? Where did you create the .msib files? Did you create them in mSecure 5 on device signed in to the same account?

I would recommend trying to authenticate this way:

1. Open and unlock mSecure 5 on Windows

2. Click the Settings icon on the bottom left corner

3. Click Reveal under "Reveal Account Key"

4. Scan the QR code display their in mSecure 5 on your Android device

Alternatively:

1. Open and unlock mSecure 5 on Windows

2. Click the Settings icon on the bottom left corner

3. Click Resend under "Resend account key"

4. Open the QR code email code email on Android

5. Tap and hold the QR code image

6. Select the Download or save option to download the image to your device's internal storage

7. Select the Import File option in mSecure 5

8. Navigate to the Download folder

9. Select the msecure_key.png image to authenticate your account

I have tried both of these methods and neither work.

Hi Philip,

I'm not sure why this wouldn't work. The QR code will only not work if using an old QR code email after changing the account password. Let's try this instead:

1. Create a backup file of mSecure 5 on Windows. (mSecure 5 > Settings > Backups > Backup Now)
  2. Move the backup to your phone somehow (Attach it in an email to yourself for example)
  3. Save the backup file to your devices (It'll be saved in the Download folder by default)
  4. Select the Import File option in mSecure 5 on your Android to authenticate your account
  5. Navigate to the Download folder
  6. Select the *.msib backup file to authenticate your account

Please let me know if you need more specific instructions on creating a backup file, moving the backup file to your device, or saving the backup file to your device. Also, please let me know if this works to authenticate your account.

This did not work either.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen