Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Adding my wife's data

I just upgraded from 4.x to 5.x pro and it was a very smooth process. 

I now need to upgrade my wife' iphone to 5.x as well now but she has different data than me. I want to make sure I do things in the right order so that our data gets merged into a new larger, shared database that we can both edit/contribute to. The possibility of a shared database is the reason I upgraded. Will the program automatically give me the option to merge rather than replace data when I upgrade her? Any help is appreciated.

Mark

1 Person hat diese Frage

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing and delay in my response. No, mSecure 5 with your own mSecure account will not ask your wife to migrate her previous information. If your wife uses her own mSecure account, she would be asked to migrate her information to mSecure 5, but that would be on a separate account with a separate mSecure 5 license. You also would not be able to merge your information from a backup file in mSecure 5 because restoring from a backup file will overwrite the current information with the information in the backup file.

If you're wanting to merge your information and use it on a single mSecure account, you'll want to sync your mSecure 4 information first using Dropbox syncing in mSecure 4 on each device connect to the same Dropbox account. After you've synced all of your information in mSecure 4, you'll then want to create an email backup of mSecure 4, and restore from that email backup in mSecure 5 on your account.

Please let me know if you have more questions about this.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen