Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Nicht belegt

Support for Windows 7

I'm still happily using Windows 7 on my work laptop and would very much like to access my passwords. Now I am forced to use version 3 and sync the passwords manually. Is there a way to install the Windows client for version 5 on Windows 7?

3 Personen gefällt die Idee

Steve, don't know if this will help you, but I have been a long-time user and supporter of mSecure and currently use version 3.5.7 (rev 717) on my Windows 7 platform as well as version 3 on my iPhone, iPad and Mac, which all sync and work great together.  I see a link in this tread on how do download and install previous versions and just wanted to say they have been putting out updates to the version 3 product line which we are all very pleased to see so I would suggest installing and using it.  Hope that helps!

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry you are so upset here. If you can provide me your Order Number, I'd be happy to provide you with a refund immediately. That said, we do provide the system requirements throughout our website and they are also provided directly above the Purchase button in the purchase page:

We've stated our system requirements for mSecure 5 since after our first mSecure 5 pre-order email. We are not trying to hide the system requirements and want customers to notice them before making a purchase. We also have never stated that creating a .exe version of mSecure 5 would not have been possible. The reason mSecure 5 is not available for Windows 7 is because we decided to go with a UWP app with mSecure 5 to ensure that the app is available on a great variety of Windows 10 devices. We are a small app developer so we had to concentrate on as few platforms as possible. That is why our system requirements are relatively high on all platforms (excluding Android) and why mSecure 5 is only available on the App Store, Mac App Store, Google Play Store, and Microsoft Store.  

Again, I'm sorry that you feel tricked into purchasing mSecure 5 during our Labor Day sale. I'm happy to provide you a refund here, and please leave any feedback you'd like about us on any platform you would like. 

All right, I apologize for going off on you here.  I do think the Windows 10 requirement being buried in the fine, gray print makes it difficult to notice. 

That said,  it is clear that you do offer free download and trial, and I'm an idiot for not doing that first.

I will go ahead and keep the license.  As much as I hate Windows 10, I don't know how long I'll be able to avoid it anyway.

Thank-you,

sas

@Maurice: I'll look into that... mSecure removed support for DropBox from the 3.5.6 Kindle version, so it not only became useless, it hung up the Kindle.

Hi Steve,

We have removed no features from the previous versions. However, Dropbox dropped support for Dropbox API 1.0 that was being used in the older apps after September of last year. We updated the main versions of our old app before to use Dropbox API 2.0. However, the Android 3.5.6 Kindle version is an extremely old version and not popular version and did not receive this update. To date, this versions of our old app have been updated to keep up with Dropbox changes:

1. mSecure 3.5.7 for Mac and Windows

2. mSecure 4.5.4 for iOS

3. mSecure 4.0.6 for Android from the Google Play Store

I personally love Windows 10. Can you let me know what your issues are with it? The only real issue I can think of is the marketing settings that can be turned off, but will be reset to ON (with other settings being reset as well) after major updates. Beyond that, the OS runs great, looks great, and is highly customizable which are all things I like. That said, I love macOS and I feel Windows 10 feels just as modern and smooth as macOS can feel and that's my favorite thing about it.

I also use Windows 7 & I have both versions of mSecure on my iPhone. I sync via Wi-Fi with the old version & my computer. Is there a way to then sync between the 2 versions on my iPhone?

@Eden Melgar: There are many reasons to hate Win10.  #1 for me is Microsoft takes full control of your computer with Win10.  #2 is the stupid redesign that makes a PC look and act like a tablet (or phone).  I doubt Microsoft has generated an original idea since FAT, and they seem to be in a tizzy trying to mimic Android and iPhone.  I don't know how many 10,000s of employees Microsoft has, but for years they have demonstrated their complete incompetence at designing Windows "upgrades", and had to go back and redo every other release.  Win10 should have been the fix for the hideous Win8, but I guess since they cursed it with an even number, it still sucks.

Once Windows 7 becomes untenable, I'm off Microsoft forever.

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  mSecure 5 is not backwards compatible with the older versions. If you are using mSecure 5 on any device, you'll need to use mSecure 5 on all devices. mSecure 5's minimum system requirements are iOS 9.3+; Watch OS 2.2+; Android 4.3+; Mac 10.10+; Windows 10 (UWP).

We have not current plans to release a Windows 7/8 version of mSecure 5. However, you can download the previous versions of mSecure if you have already previously purchased them and continue using mSecure 3 and(or) 4 to sync your information: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064249

If it’s not backwards compatible how am I able to email a backup of version 4 & then use that backup to update version 5

Hi Ronald,

mSecure 5 can restore from .msim backup files created in the previous versions. However, mSecure 5 cannot and will not sync with the previous versions. Additionally, backups created in mSecure 5 cannot be restored in the previous versions.

@Steve Smith,

I'm sorry to hear your dislike of Windows 10. I personally love it. I think it combines the best things of Windows 7 and 8. I loved 7 and disliked most of 8 and to me Windows 10 simply feels like the proper upgrade to 7. To each their own, I guess. Windows 7 will end is end of life support in 2020. I guess it's Linux for you afterwards? It would seem that your dislike of Windows 10 would mean that something like macOS 10.14(Mojave) with it's modern tablet/phone styling and Apple's full control would be out of the question for you. I really like Mojave though...

If you're going to go with Linux, I recommend going with Debian or Mint. They mostly have a more plain Windows 7 aesthetic by default that you might like. You are also, of course, more in control of everything with Linux.

So actually this is a workaround for those of us with Windows 7. Use the previous version with Windows 7, sync to the previous version on your iPhone, email yourself a backup then restore on mSecure 5.

@Ronald,

Sure, you can do that. You just can't be making changes in mSecure 5 if that's your plan.

Seriuosly, mSeven - are you not convinced of how badly you're shafting tour loyal users with this Windows 10 or die stance? Was this a conscious decision which you chose hide in the fine print or was it a result of of inadvertently forcing Windows 10 by upgrading yourbdevevlopment machines? Juat so you're aware, you're not the guardians of MS's OS cycle. If Win7 is supported by MS to 2020, ao should you. You have a good produxt that you've willingly broken for a notable subset of your clients. And please don't resend the link for the 3.5 download - that's borderline insulting
I’m new to this discussion....I have a mix of Win and IOS devices. I have one Win7 box and several Win 10. I’m running MSecure on all so I must be running some older version on the Win boxes. I know I am running 4.5 on IOS. Anyway, I was ready to push the buy button on MSecure Pro via a special half-price option when I realized I wouldn’t be able to run it on my Win 7 box. Sometime next year, I will replace my last Win 7 box. In my current setup all the boxes and IOS devices sync via dropbox. Is MSecure going to do something before 2020 to upset my applecart? (No pun intended)

Kommentare zu dieser Diskussion sind jetzt geschlossen!