Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

mSecure 6

In a recent reply on the Feature Requests section of the Forum it was announced that mSecure 6 would be available soon and that major enhancements we have been waiting for would not be implemented in mSecure 5.

Will mSecure 6 be considered a completely new product? Will existing customers be expected to pay for this new product in order to get any enhancements?

Will mSecure 5 remain available? Will it still be maintained with bug fixes and security issues?

Will the databases be compatible between these products?

Are there any other implications for existing loyal customers?

3 persone apprezzano questa idea

This is what I like!

@Matt mSecure 6 is going to be a subscription-based app. However, for those that have a v5 Pro license, they will get access to the Gold tier subscription for no cost. In other words, if you have a Pro license now, you will not lose any functionality when v6 is released, and you won't have to pay for a subscription. Now, of course, like most software, there will come a time where there will be an upgrade cost, and at that time, there may or may not be a one-time purchase available for a license.

Fair enough. I’d been evaluating trials of other password managers (some onetime cost like mSeven, others subscription) but always came back to making 5 work (4 was a phenomenal version). Honestly it’s one of the redeeming features mSecure held through version 5 that mSeven stayed true to buy-if-you-like-it (whether you use it or not afterwards) versus the rent-from-us-to-use approach.

Please add my vote to the "perpetual license" model. It's a huge reason that's kept me with mSecure !!  I'm really trying to avoid anything subscription based. I don't mind paying for upgrades at all but I want it to be on my timeframe, when I'm ready to deal with it. Thank you!

As someone in the software development field, I can appreciate the need for a revenue stream. So I totally understand the dilemma.

Thank you for your feedback @Carey and @Steven! We understand the desire to have a single, perpetual license, but we're in a place now where that model needs to change. As we have always done in the past, we plan to honor our existing customers in different ways. One of the ways we will be doing this is by moving any v5 paid licenses into a Gold subscription right from the start at no cost. All of the features that were available in v5 will be included in the Gold tier, so v5 Pro users won't be loosing any functionality.

Thanks very much for chiming in here @Steven. It is a dilemma for sure. We want to stay as a one-time paid app, but it just won't work for us as we continue development in the future. We really do believe the subscription model is the best route moving forward.

Have you surveyed customers of their opinion and transparently shared that to justify what you think is really best…for whom? I too only like paid-for upgrades, not subscriptions (which stated differently is a form of ransomware…pay to use or lose access). Yes, I hear you about moving customers to a gold sub level with v6, but again, what %age of your customers agree? I’ve not been surveyed by mSeven.

@Matt, not wanting to be discourteous or anything (and I respect your opinion that you only want to pay for one time upgrades rather than subs), but I'm pretty sure most businesses out there do not survey customers before deciding whether to increase their prices or change their pricing model. When Mike says 'its best route forward' I think he means to be able to sustain the business model and that he's not  trying to misled you into anything else. He's already said that current Pro purchases will move move onto the Gold tier for free and that functionality will not be lost for the foreseeable future. At least he is being honest that they may have to force a chargeable upgrade in future but again that is not set in stone. Not sure what else he can do.

I'm sure everyone would love to pay a one off purchase and have continual improvements / feature updates forever, but who pays for this? I'm not saying I like a sub model, like every customer, you want to pay the least amount for a product, but a business needs to be sustained through funds. As an example, I've been with HulloMail for the last 10 years and they recentlyish went from a one off purchase to a sub model, as I didn't feel the service warranted the sub fee I left....but with no hard feelings, I get to choose. Same here, if you don't believe the app / service warrants the sub, walk away. I personally don't want to pay a sub, but if I had to I will for this app as that's how much I value it.

No need to give them a hard time over it.

@Ai Points taken, and of course the choice is ours. There are just so many choices at times to weed through, I for one appreciate finding a good app that I invest in to support it. I don’t however appreciate a pricing model that changes without asking, as a leadership, what would our current customer base think. No hard time intended, just a customer focus should be displayed in return for the loyalty we’ve shown with previous version purchases. Like many, I’ll evaluate “gold” level subscription and with my money make my decision afterwards. Just trying to give some loyal customer feedback absence conscious effort to request VOC.

Totally support a move to a subscription model.  With a product like this that requires ongoing development to maintain compatibility and security, a paltry one-off cost does not work.  How are  the company employees meant to make a living?   I first bought Msecure in 2010 for about £8 and then Msecure for about £12 in 2012.  That has been a cost of  less than £1 per year (although I have convinced many people to use the product).     I dont expect any other software I bought at that time to still work on a PC now.  let alone one that requires ongoing cloud infrastructure to be maintained, unless you are flooded with in-app advertising.  I certainly don't want that.    Why value the time and effort of the people in this company at such a poor rate.  What incentive is there to keep going?   If a one-off cost is offered it has to reflect the expected lifecycle of the version leading to the next major upgrade.   So that you are putting faith in the continued work of this team and they are getting recognition for doing it.  I will be fine with either as long as the development and support is active.     

@Clive Thank you very much for your feedback and continued support! We understand that subscriptions can be difficult for some customers to support, so we really do appreciate your understanding and articulating the logic behind the move we're making in mSecure 6.

Hi. Do you have any estimate on when the new version will be released? Thank you.

@Georgios We are working hard to get v6 released in October. However, if you would like to have early access to the new version of mSecure, I can get you added to the beta program.

I’m starting to be concerned. Wasn’t v6 supposed to be released late last year? At this point, I’d likely stay with v5. If I do ever upgrade it won’t be till it’s out for a while. Very concerned about the delays.

@Mike, tempting to use the new version, but since October is just around the corner, I will wait for the release build

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento