Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto
Rinviati

Allow editing/changing of record Types

It seems to be the case that every element/field of every record can be edited except "Type." Can this be changed so that this element/field can also be edited (perhaps through a pull down menu like used for "Group." As it stands now, if you decide sometime after you create a record as a "Login" (for example) you decide that it makes more sense for it to be an "Email Account" you have to delete the entire record and start all over.

25 persone apprezzano questa idea

I would also add that just paid for mSecure 5.  I have no interest in paying for version 6.  

Remember how disastrous the initial mSecure 5 reviews were?  I waited so that you guys could iron out the bugs, and then start using the application.

Now we're expected to dive right into version 6, pay for it, and endure whatever glitches come with the initial rollout.

Guys, you are overthinking this.  Just add the feature to swap the type.   

Suggested work around:  

(a) If the 'type' is being changed on an existing entry, then the fields should remain as is.   

(b) If the entry is being created for the first time, then populate it with whatever your default fields are.

So are we expected to pay for this new release?  I just purchased your app.

@Steven

I'm not sure why you think we have missed the point. In mSecure 6, you will be able to change the type template your record is using after the record is created. Is there something I wrote that makes you think it's not going to work that way in the new version of the app? If so, I'll try to address it and explain it more detail if needed.

@Kristine

I'm not sure if something was written in a confusing way in a past post from one our support resps, but all along we have understood this feature request to mean that after a record is saved you would like to change the type template for the record. In mSecure 6, you will be able to do this. So for all of your records that are currently stored in mSecure, when mSecure is installed, you will be able to change their types.

@Aaron

While the full details for the mSecure 6 pricing model have not been released, I can tell you that licensed mSecure 5 users will not have to pay an upgrade fee to continue using all of the features in mSecure 5. On top of that, there will be upgrades that come for free to mSecure 5 users, but there will also be some premium features that will require a purchase to use.

In short, licensed mSecure 5 users will get an upgrade at no cost, but not all features will be available without an extra purchase. We plan to send out email communication to our customers as we get closer to the mSecure 6 release, and it will outline in detail what to expect for the new version.

Thanks for your reply, Mike.  I must have misinterpreted your earlier response, thinking that changing the type template would only affect new records.  It seemed as if existing records would not be modifiable.  But, if you are saying we will be able to again have this functionality as we had in earlier versions, you will have happier customers again.  Now, the question remains:  When?  This thread began over two years ago.   When will we see mSecure 6?

Hi Steven,

To be clear, existing records will be able to have their types changed in mSecure 6. So if you find yourself in a situation where it would be helpful to use a different template for an existing record, you will be able to change it in the new app.

We are very close to making the first beta release available. The Mac and iOS apps are feature complete, and the Windows app is not far behind. We're just in the process of doing internal testing before the beta is released. Our plans are to release to the public before the end of the year.

Mike - it's 12/31.   It's the end of the year and we are still on V5.   When will we get our hands on v6?  This "changing Type after the fact" issue is a vital missing feature and I have had to live with disorganization ever since upgrading to V5. Your long-time users have been super patient. Can you update up please?  Also, as someone who has faithfully paid for all releases, what features will NOT be included for V5 users upgrading to V6?  Can you please be specific?  Your reference to changing pricing structures and the need to pay for add-on features has me wondering.  Please to not abandon your core customers who have been with you on the journey with this new pricing structure.

Hi Rich,

Thank you for contacting us! Unfortunately, we weren't able to get mSecure 6 released by the end 2021 like we had hoped, but has been and is our main focus. I have been saying this for awhile now, but we are very close to the first beta release which means the full release is not far behind. We are now in the process of putting in final polishes to the app, and as always, there is a lot of testing taking place.

Regarding features, while I can't tell you everything about the feature set, I can tell you that v5 users will not be loosing any functionality they currently have in mSecure 5. I think it would be safe to call those the "standard" features, and you will have access to them after upgrading to v6 without further cost. However, there are going to be newer features that will require a purchase in order to use them. A couple of those features are cross-account sharing and customization of the new iOS filter bar.

The most important thing is, none of the features you currently rely on will be taken away in v6. As a v5 paid user, you will have access to all of the current features in mSecure 5.

Mike - thanks for the update and sorry I posted the same thing 3 times / not sure what happened there so I deleted two redundant posts.  Please so keep us posted and I look forward to getting on the fly editing of "Type" in V6.   I still feel that your is the most intuitive, secure and flexible password vault on the market.  

No problem at all Rick, and thank you for deleting the duplicate posts! Would you be interested in becoming a beta tester for v6 by chance?

sign me up

That's great to hear! I keep the list of beta testers in our email support system. Can you send an email to "support@msevensoftware.com" real quick?

This situation is still not fixed (I just upgraded to 5.7.2 from 3.5.7. I have many dozens of records that have no type (mostly old ones) but I can't change their type, and i have no idea why this isn't allowed. mSecure 3.5.7 had a nice drop down menu that allowed me to change the type. WE NEED THIS FIXED.

Jonathan: I have found some things (perhaps hinted for a new release) linger without fix. Best to figure out a creative and tolerable workaround for now, as I have in several cases. Would Group assignments work? Or sneaky item renaming? Best of luck.

Forget it, folks.  mSecure has been promising to fix this - literally for YEARS!  They have your $$ and zero incentive to fix it.  Ain't gonna happen.

@Jonathan In v6, which is in beta testing now, you are able to change the template used for your records. It won't be changed in v5, but it will be when v6 is released to the public.

@Albo Thank you for your response in trying to help with a workaround!

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento