Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto
In corso

Browser plugins or extensions

I believe competitive Password Managers have a Chrome extension so that usernames and passwords are entered automatically (or at least prompted) when going to a site that mSecure contains the credentials for.

It would be great if mSecure had that as well. 

It would be even greater if that worked with mobile Chrome on iOS.

I see the current iOS extension but it only works with Safari, and it requires that I remember that my password is stored there (no auto-prompt), then click Share, then click the mSecure option. That's a lot to remember and not exactly intuitive (I'm not sharing). So the current functionality could be improved upon to be useful.

15 persone apprezzano questa idea

We don't have a concrete release date for v6 yet, but the first beta release should be ready in the next week or two. Depending on how long of a beta testing phase we need, the public release could be ready about a couple months after its start.

Regarding pricing, I can't comment on the full details, but I can tell you that licensed mSecure 5 users will not have to pay an upgrade fee to continue using all of the features in mSecure 5. On top of that, there will be upgrades that come for free to licensed mSecure 5 users, but there will also be some premium features that will require a purchase to use.

In short, licensed mSecure 5 users will get an upgrade at no cost, but not all features will be available without an extra purchase. We plan to send out email communication to our customers as we get closer to the mSecure 6 release, and it will outline in detail what to expect for the new version.

Thany you very much for that very full explanation and for persisting to serach out a way to solve this issue which is so significant to many of your loyal "followers"

Is there any news on mainstream browser (Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc) plugins, please?

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update on mSecure 6. It is still are main focus, and all our energies are being placed on its development. Browser extensions are already built for both Chrome, Firefox and Edge (sinc it's now built on the Chromium engine) and are ready for beta testing. The reason it's not yet in beta is because the rest of the mSecure app needs to be ready for beta in order to release. Also, Safari will have support too, but there is still some work to be done there. If any would like to sign up for beta testing please send an email to support@msevensoftware.com where I'm tracking our customers who wish to test early releases of the new version.

No problem at all David, and thank you so much for your support!

Able to offer a general timeframe when you target to release a Safari extension?

Eden,

That is a great shame as when I abandon windows altogether I may have to migrate to a different password progrm.

And another comment,  you said " we have never been Linux oriented developers" , is it really so hard, after all Android is based on Linux and you do Android Apps - although I admit that is not the same thing since Android provides facilities not present under Linux.

I can appreciate it may not be a priority but I feel its still worth having on the list .... please.

Hi Ben, 

Thanks for the feature request. We do have plans for browser plugins for Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge in the future. Also, you can already use our mSecure Extension feature to sign in to your logins on Chrome on iOS and into your account on select apps. Here's a guide on how to set up our mSecure extension: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000023241-msecure-extension-ios and here's a article with all supported apps: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000020839-list-of-compatible-auto-fill-apps-ios.

Any idea when the extension will be released?

The lack of browser extensions is the ONLY thing standing between me ditching 1Password to switch to mSecure. But this one feature is crucial and a deal breaker for me. Can you at least give us some sense of when we can expect these? This year, next year? I don't want to invest in a new platform without some assurance that the one feature that I feel is absolutely necessary is coming soon.

Hi Henrik,

I'm sorry, but I do not have a release date or release window to provide here. We've learned our mSecure 5 pre-order last year not to provide these estimates. Instead, I can tell you that we are in the alpha stages of our plugin. 

mSecure is fantastic product, being using it for years and it makes for great value compared to others! 

But it's lack of support for a  Browser plug-in extension to compete with competitiion and to support other OSs such Linux is a BIG LOSS!

Can we get an update on this feature please and potential release date?

Thanks

The Safari Extension was originally promised for late this year (2018)................. Any news ?

I'm sad to say that I cannot wait any longer I've now started using 1Password which is a real shame as I've always liked mSecure

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento