Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto
Non assegnati

Linux Desktop

Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum, but a long time Msecure user. I couldn't find any reference to Linux in the Forum discussions, so I'd like to request a Linux version of Msecure desktop. I can't bring myself to install Windows 10 and of course Msecure Desktop doesn't install on XP. But I've been migrating to Linux, and would love to take Msecure 5 with me. Thanks

9 persone apprezzano questa idea

Yes, please PLEASE provide a linux client. Thanks!

Thanks your feedback Stephen! Unfortunately, we still don't have plans for a Linux version of mSecure.

I, too, would appreciate a linux app.

@payam nab

While we don't have plans for an Ubuntu version of mSecure, we are offering browser extension for Mac when mSecure 6 is released. We will also be offering them for Windows, but we are waiting for some changes Microsoft will be making for applications before they will be implemented on that platform.

+1

would love an ubuntu version or at least browser extension

Hi James, and thank you for contacting us. We have had a handful of customers request a version of mSecure for Linux, but at this time, we don't have any plans for its development. It's never out of the question, of course, but the demand would have to increase before we would be able to prioritize those development resources.

would love an ubuntu version

Msecure is friendly and well debugged for my use with Android and Win10 (not sure about MacOSs), and I use the local home network sync feature (rather than the msecure cloud sync).

The real problem is MS-Windows and its total invasion/taking control of your "Personal" computer. So I am abandoning  Win10 on my desktops and moving to Linux (Mint, i.e. Debian/Ubuntu). What a shame there is no linux support for msecure...

I at present use Keepass on my linux desktops-- but it's a real pain in the ass as to 'sync' files, as to do that I need to msecure export then Keepass import .CSV files. And that only really works if all mesecure records are kept as one type (otherwise the Keepass importing process is far too laborious...), and you'd bettter not use backslashes in your msecure passwords!!

I just hope the msecure team come-up with a Linux package, although I understand that market rules make this a low priority for them.

Yeah, I guess I will look around to see what else is out there. It's been a couple of years and waiting for it to happen, it's pretty clear the devs don't see value. Thanks for making a great tool though guys, you've helped me through many years of not forgetting my password.

Austin - While I always liked msecure the lack of linux support was a deal breaker for me so I ended up using Enpass which fully supports Linux, Mac, Windows. Funny thing is Microsoft 10 now has a Linux subsystem yet msecure doesn't see the value in providing a linux desktop version...:D

Its been almost 2 years since this thread opened, it certainly doesn't look like this is going to happen. Does anyone know of a good work around? I am getting sick of not having access to all of my passwords in Linux. 

+1 for debian based system. [Linux is the future]

+1 for (debian based).

:)

+1 -- I would love to see support for Linux, or at least for a Chrome browser plugin that works on Linux.

I would love to see this too.  I'm a Debian 9 Cinamon/i3 and Fedora 29 Cinamon/i3.  I use linux at home and at work.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento