Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Non sélectionné

Linux Desktop

Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum, but a long time Msecure user. I couldn't find any reference to Linux in the Forum discussions, so I'd like to request a Linux version of Msecure desktop. I can't bring myself to install Windows 10 and of course Msecure Desktop doesn't install on XP. But I've been migrating to Linux, and would love to take Msecure 5 with me. Thanks

9 personnes aiment cette idée

Still no plans for Linux, but browser plugins will be here for Mac at first release of v6 and will be available for Windows in a future release of v6.

Sstill no use (anymore) of msecure.  Secure "own solution" adopted. Sorry, enjoy the "happy" and "unaware"  OSX/Windows/Iphone/Android customers.

Also would like a Linux version of mSecure.  Have been using mSecure on W10/7 etc for many years but time to move to Linux and so, unfortunately it seems, will have to move away from mSecure.

Thanks,

@Robert Unfortunately, at this time, I don't foresee us building a Linux version of mSecure anytime soon. It's possible it could happen in the future, but now is definitely not the time to take on this type of venture. I do thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry I don't have better news.

I used to use evernote and the lack of a Linux client was not so much of a problem because the Web interface was pretty decent. Might that happen?

@Dougie It's possible we'll have a web client at some point in the future. At this time, however, we don't have plans to serve up mSecure information in a web-based app.

A web client would be handy - even as just a read-only way of viewing the data. For me a native Linux app is a nice-to-have but mostly because I find it such a faff entering/editing data on a smartphone or tablet and like a proper big keyboard!

Just another voice here - from Germany - from a long-standing MSecure user, who also just subscribed to the premium plan - who would welcome a Ubuntu / Linux client. Me too migrated away from Windows 10 recently as my, older, PC hardware is no longer supported by the latest Windows 11 (TPM 2.0 chip crap). Because of how I understand how software application works, I would also welcome a - secure - web client which works on FireFox., but also understand that won't happen immediately.

Adding another +1 to the web-based integration. I would also still request a Snap, an Appimage, an anything for Linux; The Wifi sync would be much nicer for my use case to have on a machine that is on all the time, I normally don't keep multiple of my machines running at once.

I would like to add my voice to getting a Linux version of mSecure desktop. 

Just a point to consider once you have a desktop for Linux it would then appear in the software manager which would then help push your software to a whole group of untapped users.

Just adding another voice—I support the need for a Linux solution from mSecure. I would prefer a native desktop app of some kind, but I would also be happy with just a web-based system or even some official help with a Wine solution (would Proton help?)

+1... (just moved from Windows to Linux for my desktop machine).  But since a Linux version isn't a priority (understandably!) -- @Mike, is there any chance the synchronization protocol is documented somewhere?  I'd be open to writing a simple client, depending on how complex the protocol is.  (I've done some security-critical dev work in the past, and I think I understand some of the dangers involved.)

@Rob Thank you for contacting us about Linux functionality! This might be doable, but I would need to talk to our developer first. The security model is open to anyone and the AES-256 encryption algorithm is open source, so it should be possible to create a simple client app if you were inclined to do so. I think the easiest way to do this would be to start with Dropbox syncing, because that requires no interaction with either our mSecure Cloud server or another desktop mSecure app. You would simply be connecting to your Dropbox account, downloading the sync file, and then creating everything needed to decrypt the data. Once done, then you would simply need to re-encrypt the data and upload to your Dropbox account in order to sync any changes you made to the other mSecure apps.

Let me talk to our developer about this. And for anyone listening in on this thread, do know there are no guarantees we'll be able to make this work, and also, this is only for @Rob, as whatever client app he might create will not be sanctioned by mSeven Software. That should all be obvious, but I just didn't want to get everyone's hopes up =)

If you could Rob, please email us at "support@msevensoftware.com" and we'll continue the discussion via email.

+1 for Linux version.  Thanks!

+3 for Linux,  my son, my daughter and myself,  all use Linux as our primary desktop OS.  Thanks

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire