Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

En Proceso

Browser plugins or extensions

I believe competitive Password Managers have a Chrome extension so that usernames and passwords are entered automatically (or at least prompted) when going to a site that mSecure contains the credentials for.

It would be great if mSecure had that as well. 

It would be even greater if that worked with mobile Chrome on iOS.

I see the current iOS extension but it only works with Safari, and it requires that I remember that my password is stored there (no auto-prompt), then click Share, then click the mSecure option. That's a lot to remember and not exactly intuitive (I'm not sharing). So the current functionality could be improved upon to be useful.

15 personas les gusta esta idea

Able to offer a general timeframe when you target to release a Safari extension?

Hi John,

Unfortunately, for your request here, we do not give out release targets or dates. We learned our lesson with the release of mSecure 5 :-)

The lack of browser extensions is the ONLY thing standing between me ditching 1Password to switch to mSecure. But this one feature is crucial and a deal breaker for me. Can you at least give us some sense of when we can expect these? This year, next year? I don't want to invest in a new platform without some assurance that the one feature that I feel is absolutely necessary is coming soon.

Please can we have that Browser extention?  Its a source of constant frustration to me because I use R Pi and Linux and every time I want to use passwords on my R Pi or Linux system I have to get my phone out and type passwords in manually which make using nice secure proper passwords an apsolute utter pain. Also it makes the process of setting up passwords on the R Pi and making sure they are recorder in msecure a very dodgy process.

I am now looking at giving up on msecure for some other browser based system even if only for that group of passwords that I need on my R Pi.

Hi David,

The browser plugin update will be part of our upcoming major update that will also include sharing features among many other added features. However, please note that our browser plugin will require the mSecure app running on your computer to work. That means that our app will continue to not be compatible with Linux. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you here. When making passwords for devices you have to manually enter passwords for such as a device login password, I'd recommend making the password 12-18 characters long and have it not include special characters in order to make it easier to read off of another device and enter.

When will the Chrome extension be avail?  ASAP pls.

Eden,

I am amazed, you are going to do a Browser plug in that you admit does not solve the problem - i.e. will not work on Linux.  

I work on my R Pi and Linux a lot and typing in passwords on different websites etc is a pain.  

I do agree though that a part solution is to choose passwords that are long, and secure,  but easy to read and type in correct.  I like making up sed words that sound a bit like they miht mean something and stringing a few together. 

I wonder if there could be some way to send passwords to Linux that did not require the full facility and was better than copy paste into an email which I do resort to sometimes.

Hi David,

I'm not sure why making a browser plugin that does not solve a problem that we are not wanting to solve is amazing. I personally love Linux and use Ubuntu/Mint for personal use. However, as a company, we have never been Linux oriented developers. Our browser plugin will require the computer software so that our browser plugin does not have to communicate directly with our servers this will ensure a much more secure extension/plugin and also ensure that all sync methods (mSecure Cloud, Dropbox, iCloud, WiFi, or disabled) can use the feature. 

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario