Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

En Proceso

Browser plugins or extensions

I believe competitive Password Managers have a Chrome extension so that usernames and passwords are entered automatically (or at least prompted) when going to a site that mSecure contains the credentials for.

It would be great if mSecure had that as well. 

It would be even greater if that worked with mobile Chrome on iOS.

I see the current iOS extension but it only works with Safari, and it requires that I remember that my password is stored there (no auto-prompt), then click Share, then click the mSecure option. That's a lot to remember and not exactly intuitive (I'm not sharing). So the current functionality could be improved upon to be useful.

15 personas les gusta esta idea

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update on mSecure 6. It is still are main focus, and all our energies are being placed on its development. Browser extensions are already built for both Chrome, Firefox and Edge (sinc it's now built on the Chromium engine) and are ready for beta testing. The reason it's not yet in beta is because the rest of the mSecure app needs to be ready for beta in order to release. Also, Safari will have support too, but there is still some work to be done there. If any would like to sign up for beta testing please send an email to support@msevensoftware.com where I'm tracking our customers who wish to test early releases of the new version.

@Mike - mSecure

So, Mike, it is correct to say that we will have the discontinuation of mSecure 5 and an upgrade (paid) for mSecure 6 soon. That's right?

mSecure 6 will follow a more traditional upgrade model where it will install over the top of the previous version, so mSecure 5 will no longer be available in the app store.

While the full details for the mSecure 6 pricing model are not yet ready to be released, licensed mSecure 5 users will not have to pay an upgrade fee to continue with all of the features they have in mSecure 5. Also, there will be upgrades that come for free to mSecure 5 users, but there will also be some premium features that will require a purchase to use.

In short, licensed mSecure 5 users will get an upgrade at no cost, but not all features will be available without an extra purchase. We plan to send out email communication to our customers as we get closer to the mSecure 6 release.

Hey Everyone,

Quick update here regarding the browser extensions in v6, something I should have posted before. For the initial release, there will only be support for extensions in the Mac version of the app. The reason for this is we are waiting on some big change in the way applications are developed for Windows in the near future.

mSecure is a UWP app, which are the apps distributed in the Windows Store. For some reason, Microsoft has placed heavy restrictions on UWP apps, which makes it extraordinarily difficult to implement our Browser Extensions. For the sake of security, we are creating a local connection between the mSecure app and the extensions, and since UWP apps are sandboxed a certain way, major work-arounds are necessary in order implement them in the way we have chosen.

The good news is, Microsoft is creating a way for developers to make use of UWP apps as more of a WPF style app, and this will remove the restrictions currently imposed. When that happens, our first priority will be porting over the Browser Extensions to the Windows mSecure app.

Hello

Do we have any idea of when mSecure 6 will become available?

Hi Lee,

We are very close to our first beta release for version 6, so the full release is getting close. At this time, we don't have a concrete release date, but it will be as soon as possible.

This tread is over 2 years old and the last update is three months old.  What is the status on bringing mSecure plugins to Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Opera in Windows 10 and IOS?

I've given up on waiting for mSecure within Chrome - have moved to LastPass.

@jeep

The browser extension has been implemented in v6 for Mac and is supported in both Chrome and Firefox. It also works in the Edge browser since that browser is now Chrome with Microsoft's custom skin. For Windows, however, the initial release of v6 won't have support for the extensions. The reason for this is we are waiting on some large-scale changes in the way applications are developed for Windows.

mSecure is a UWP app, which are the apps distributed in the Windows Store. For some reason, Microsoft has placed heavy restrictions on UWP apps, which makes it extraordinarily difficult to implement our Browser Extensions. For the sake of security, we are creating a local connection between the mSecure app and the extension installed in the browser, and since UWP apps are sandboxed a certain way, major work-arounds are necessary in order to implement them in the way we have chosen.

The good news is, Microsoft is creating a way for developers to make use of UWP apps as more of a WPF style app, which are installed via a .exe file, and this will remove the restrictions currently imposed. When that happens, our first priority will be porting over the Browser Extensions to the Windows mSecure app.

Thany you very much for that very full explanation and for persisting to serach out a way to solve this issue which is so significant to many of your loyal "followers"

No problem at all David, and thank you so much for your support!

I am a new user and overall like the product.  Especially that it is not a subscription based model.  However, I am quite surprised that there are not browser extensions 

for Chrome and Brave.  Are you still working toward finishing these?  If so, what is the ETA?  It honestly makes me want to look for another password management software.

Just being honest.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting us! The good news is, the browser extensions are implemented in mSecure 6, so they will be available when it's released. However, they will only be available for the Mac platform at the first release of v6, and they will be supported in the Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers (Edge support comes for free since it is simply a reskinned version of Chrome).  For Safari, we have implemented the MacOS Safari AutoFill feature for first release.

At the time of release, we will have not tested support for the Chrome extension in the Brave web browser, but it should be fully compatible if what Brave claims about running Chrome-based extensions is true. You should be able to simply install the mSecure Chrome extension, and everything should just work. As development continues in the future, I'm sure we'll be adding more support for other browsers, but for now, we're only concentrating on a select few.

As for an ETA, we are very, very close to the first beta release for v6, so the public release won't be far behind. If you would like to sign up for beta testing, please email us at support@msevensoftware.com, and we'll get you added to the list.

Hi Mike, thank you very much for your prompt reply!  Is there a release date for v6?  Will it be a free upgrade?

We don't have a concrete release date for v6 yet, but the first beta release should be ready in the next week or two. Depending on how long of a beta testing phase we need, the public release could be ready about a couple months after its start.

Regarding pricing, I can't comment on the full details, but I can tell you that licensed mSecure 5 users will not have to pay an upgrade fee to continue using all of the features in mSecure 5. On top of that, there will be upgrades that come for free to licensed mSecure 5 users, but there will also be some premium features that will require a purchase to use.

In short, licensed mSecure 5 users will get an upgrade at no cost, but not all features will be available without an extra purchase. We plan to send out email communication to our customers as we get closer to the mSecure 6 release, and it will outline in detail what to expect for the new version.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario