Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

unable to open app after upgrade to iOs 16.1

using msecure 6 on iphone XR just upgraded to iOs 16.1.1- now unable to open app with password or face id.

1 Person hat dieses Problem

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for contacting us. Can you let me know what happens when you try to open mSecure? Also, do you have access to mSecure on any device?

I do have access on imac, and on the iphone after about 30 minutes msecure opened so all is good now. Cannot explain it but it clearly was after I upgraded to iOs 16.1.1 from 15.6

It's good to hear things are working now Kenneth. Should you need more assistance, please let me know.

I have the same issue, I updated to IOS 16.11. Msecure now opens for a millisecond and closes. Anybody have any thoughts?

I have the same issue. I updated to IOS 16.11, now Msecure only opens for a millisecond before closing. Is this a known issue?

The problem resolved spontaneously for me after about a half hour of repeatedly trying. There still to be some sync issues for me using wifi to imac but these have been intermittent but clearly new since iOs 16.1.1

I am not real tech savvy, so my apologies in advance. My current ideas are:

1. I have the new Iphone (unopened)  to try transferring to it?
2. I can perhaps  reinstall a cloud backup of the Iphone  from a few weeks ago.
3.  I can back it up now to the cloud, though I do not know if the issue will back up to the cloud.

4. Can I delete and reinstall the app.? Would I only need my password or email and password?

I have not backed up the Msecure app when often prompted  to in about a year.

@David I'm not sure what's causing this to happen, but it isn't a known bug you're dealing with here. There have been a handful of customers that have experienced similar behavior, but we have not been able to isolate it to any specific problem. Really quick, I checked for an account with the email you are using here in the forum, and I was not able to find one in our system. Do you know which version of mSecure you are running? When you look at the app icon, is it a very dark color of blue, or is it a brighter blue color? I believe you are running mSecure 4 since you are getting prompts to make backups, but I need to be sure.

My last backup is December 5 , 2021 unfortunately.
Tell me how to send you the correct email for the app?
It is a lighter blue, like an ocean might be on a map.
Any help is appreciated 

@David Ok, this is making more sense now. With the color you described, you are running mSecure 4, which means it's probably not working after a recent iOS update. This has been happening more an more since that version of the app is no longer supported and hasn't been updated in more than 5 years.

What you'll need to do is simply download mSecure 6 from the store app on your device, and create a new account. After that, I'll be able to help you get the data transferred over to the new app from the old mSecure 4 app.

Were you able to download mSecure from the store app on your device? Also, can you let me know what type of device you're using?

i have the same problem. i have downloaded 6 now, but can't get to 4

@John If you are able to open mSecure 6, tap the menu button in the top left corner of the screen (3 stacked lines), then tap Settings. In the Settings screen, scroll down and tap "Import from mSecure 4."

I had a face recognition for long time on Verson 4 and cannot remember my password now. I would derive it from my hint but cannot open Version 4 to look at my hint. How to import my data to Version 6 now?

@Rudolf Please send us an email at "support@msevensoftware.com" because I'm going to need to get some private information from you in order to help you retrieve your password. After you send the email, let me know here in this thread, and I'll respond as soon as I see it.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen