Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Family Sharing with MSecure 6

I've got a very light use case for the kids, they keep bugging me for their game passwords which I have stored in mSecure 6 (premium tier).

I created a vault to share with them, then realised that each of the kids will need a premium account too.  I could use the native Apple Keychain for this, but it would be nice to have an option in mSecure for family members (that have a limited number of passwords to manage) without needing a full premium license (should be a tier that exists between free and premium for very light usage scenarios).

3 Personen gefällt die Idee

@Jason We will have options for adding seats to the Family Plan for larger families. After 6.1 is released, please email us at "support@msecure.com" and let us know more about your situation.

@Mike, can't wait for Family Sharing to come out. Thank you for sharing your pricing details. Will there be any loyalty discounts for previous subscribers like the ones coming from v5 to v6? Or is it a simple case of subscribing to the family plan will overwrite anything you have got already e.g. any remaining months on single user annual plan will be discarded and replaced by the family plan or would it be taken into account in some way? 

@Ai, good questions. I've been a user since 2011! I also have a similar scenario as @Howie. I really have 3 people aside from myself who need to keep track of 10-30 passwords. If there are no tiers available, maybe a little discount for a few years of commitment would be nice.  In any case, cannot wait for this update to come out!

support@msecure.com doesn't appear to be a valid email address.

I recently put my wife onto a monthly subscription through Apple while waiting for the family plan release. How should I go about transferring her t my account and family plan?

Hi Glen,

I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think you will be able to upgrade one of your subscriptions to a Family Subscription in the "Subscriptions" section of iOS's or Mac's Settings. Then you would simply cancel the monthly subscription for one of the accounts so you don't get charged at it's normal renewal date in the future. You'll just be changing one plan and then dropping the other.

If the App Store doesn't allow for the plan to upgraded, then you'll need cancel both plans, wait until one of them expires completely and then sign up for the Family Plan. Unfortunately, with the App Store, we're tied down to what they offer in regards to upgrading the subscriptions, so it's not always the easiest process. However, we will do everything we can to make the process as user-friendly as possible. There are even options of cancelling your subscriptions in the App Store and then moving to a subscription on our website, which we have much, much more control over.

Real quick, do you also have a subscription for your own account, and if so, where did you purchase it from and when does it renew?

Hi Mike, I am on a Premium Yearly Upgrade subscription renewing next month (through Apple I think). I originally purchased directly and can't remember how i got onto the Apple store for the current sub. My wife's sub is through Apple.

Hi Glen,

Can you check really quick in the subscription settings of both you and your wife's devices to see exactly when it tells you each subscription will expire/renew? That will help me be more definitive in how to proceed as we get nearer the 6.1 release.

@Mike, would you be able answer my previous question please?

Thank you for sharing your pricing details. Will there be any loyalty discounts for previous subscribers like the ones coming from v5 to v6? Or is it a simple case of subscribing to the family plan will overwrite anything you have got already e.g. any remaining months on single user annual plan will be discarded and replaced by the family plan or would it be taken into account in some way? 

Hi Ai! We are in the process of figuring out what to do for a loyalty discount when it comes to the Family Plan. Since the plan is a 5 for 2 when it comes to licenses (pay for 2 Premium licenses and receive 5), there is already a big discount on the plan. If we do decide on a discount, it will most likely not be 50% like the discount we gave for the initial 6.0 release.

Regarding the remaining months on a subscription, that one is a bit more complicated to address. For plans that were purchased on our website, we'll be able to upgrade your subscription from Premium (or Essentials) to the Family plan. When doing this, the remaining time on your existing plan should be taken into account and a pro-rated amount will be billed right away. For example, though I'm not sure this math is exactly how Paddle (our online seller) will calculate it, if you were to switch to a Family plan with 2 months remaining on your discounted Premium subscription, the amount you would be charged would be somewhere around (2/12*59.99) - (2/12*14.99), or $7.50. You have 2 months remaining on your current plan, so after upgrading you would pay for 2 months of the Family subscription minus the 2 months remaining on the Premium subscription for which you already paid for up front. In other words, it would be pro-rated =)

I believe something similar will happen if you purchased through the Android app, but the other app stores are more restrictive in what can be done through upgrades. For example, I know for sure we cannot upgrade subscriptions in the Windows Store. Microsoft simply doesn't offer that functionality. For iOS and Mac, I'm not entirely sure how that will work. I believe you'll be able to do a pro-rated upgrade in that store as well, but it's one of the items we're still working through before the release.

Regardless of the method you used to pay for the subscription after the 6.0 release, we will do everything we can to make the upgrade process as easy as possible, even if you purchased via the Windows Store. There are many ways to get creative when it comes to purchasing, and I'm assuming we will have to do so with customers wanting to upgrade to a Family plan when it becomes available.

Thanks for the response Mike, appreciate it. I wasn't looking for anything complicated in terms of the cost if there was a bit of a overlap, I'm happy to forgo what I have left to jump onto the family plan to make things easier. I was more interested in if there was a loyalty discount to the family plan. I obviously get that the family plan in itself by nature already has a discount baked in, but was seeing if you would be doing a further loyalty discount on top of that for the users that have stuck with you over the years. Anyway, the price is obviously your choice, hopefully it will be at a price point that I can accept as I would dearly love to use that functionality. Looking forward to it :-)

Been watching for this over the past few weeks but haven’t seen any additional news. My plan renews in April, can we count on seeing something in a week or two?

@Jason Yes, you can count on 6.1 being released within a week or two. We're now in the process of updating our server code. Once that's done, there's just additional testing that needs to be done in the production environment with the new code, and as soon as that's done we'll be pushing the new versions to the various app stores.

I see the 6.1 update! Yeah! Will report back with hopefully good news. Thank you devs!

:(. submitting a ticket cause I'm seeing someone else's plan when I login to my account at msecure.com/account. Yikes...

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen