Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Zurückgestellt

Allow editing/changing of record Types

It seems to be the case that every element/field of every record can be edited except "Type." Can this be changed so that this element/field can also be edited (perhaps through a pull down menu like used for "Group." As it stands now, if you decide sometime after you create a record as a "Login" (for example) you decide that it makes more sense for it to be an "Email Account" you have to delete the entire record and start all over.

25 Personen gefällt die Idee

Hi Steven,

Thank you for your feedback here. Due to all the feedback on this missing feature, we've decided to add back the ability to change record types on Mac and Windows. When in the edit screen, you'll be able to change the assigned record type of your record. When changing record types, the fields will simply move over in the order they are currently set and any custom fields will move over as custom fields as well.

So if you change a record from a Login record type to an Email Account record type:

Login

1. URL

2. Username

3. Password

it'll move to 

Email Account:

1. Username

2. Password

3. Incoming Server

If you change a record type from a record type has many fields in it to one that doesn't, all additional fields for the record will be changed to custom fields for the newly selected record type. For example:

Login:

1. URL

2. Username

3. Password

4. Note

changed to Secure Note:

1. Note

2. Custom Field (URL)

3. Custom Field (Username)

4. Custom Field (Password)

Hi Eden,

I'm interested in this feature.  It's been a year since you last posted mSeven's intention to add-back this feature.  What is the status on this?  I don't see the change in my Windows version.

Looks good....   WHEN????

Ditto on all counts. I would also like to be able to re-order types. I have created new types that suit my work better, and they default to the bottom of the list. My new types -- Stores, for instance, with everything from departments stores, online retailers, restaurants, etc, or Guitars for details on my large collection, or  -- is more important to me than, say, Calling Cards, of which I own zero any more.

Hi Dan,

Please note that you can also always edit existing types and even delete most existing types if they aren't useful to you. The only types you cannot remove are the Credit Card, Logins, and Secure Notes types. Additionally, record types are listed in alphabetical order on Android, iOS, and Windows and you can re-order to record types on Mac: https://streamable.com/87h3l

Note: You'll receive an email notification about my forum reply here. Please reply to this forum topic by clicking the blue button labeled "Reply" in the email in order to continue the discussion. Do not reply to the email directly.

When this feature will be available..?? Not yet on App Store version

Eden posted 4 months ago that Type would be editable. Is there some reason it hasn't been implemented?? I've just installed v. 5.7.0 on my MacBook Air.

I am new to mSecure 5 but have been a user of the older version since 2010. I am distressed to see that it is apparently impossible to change the Type for an item. I often change types as a piece of electronics is consigned to Not-In-Use category or as a credit card is Cancelled. PLEASE allow users to change the type for a given item so that the item doesn't have to be recreated each time the status of an account or a piece of equipment changes. Many thanks for your consideration.

Hi Kristine, and also greetings to all who have posted in this thread!

I wanted to let you know that type changing capabilities have already been implemented for mSecure version 6. This is our next major release, which we are hard at work to complete. I don't have a release date now, but it is getting close to ready.

For clarity, type changing will not be available in any release for mSecure 5. It will become available when mSecure 6 is released.

Happy to see this enhancement! Looking forward to v6.

Thank you for the response Chip! We're really looking forward to the v6 release too =)

Guys, please fix this--- I'm reading this ridiculous flaw is actually and intended feature.  

No one prefers for it to work this way! I know you tried doing this in Msecure 4, and it was poor choice then, and it remains one now.

Suggested work around:  

(a) If the 'type' is being changed on an existing entry, then the fields should remain as is.   

(b) If the entry is being created for the first time, then populate it with whatever your default fields are.

Consider that when people create entries, they are not going to meticulously organize it on the spot.  That comes with time--  

I have 50 some odd entries, thinking I could edit them later, now my list is a mess.

PLEASE FIX THIS!

Hi Aaron,

As mentioned above, in mSecure 6, you will be able to change the type template used for your record.

Judging by the responses from mSecure, it is obvious they have totally missed the point of this thread.  We don't necessarily want to change the type template - i.e. before we create a new record.  We want to be able to change the type AFTER a record has been created.  Many of us have hundreds of records created before the latest version of mSecure 5.7.2 came out.  The latest version took away the ability to change the type of an EXISTING record.  The only way to do that now is to create and new record of the desired type, re-enter the desired information and then delete the old record.  I personally have 574 records.  Can you imagine how much work that would be to create 574 new records and re-enter all that info?  Please give us back the drop-down menu that used to allow us to change the "type" of an existing record.

Let me add a resounding second to Steven's post. I too often found the need to change the Type, back in the good old mSecure 5 days. I have thousands of entries and deleting/recreating an entry for which I wish to change the Type is just simply too much work. However, the app is less functional for me than it was when it was possible to change the Type. I upgraded from mSecure 5 to mSecure 6 solely for the advantage of the upgraded encryption; otherwise, I dislike almost everything about the upgrade as compared with mSecure 5, including the appearance of the interface and, most importantly, the inability to change the Type. 

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen