Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

In Arbeit

Browser plugins or extensions

I believe competitive Password Managers have a Chrome extension so that usernames and passwords are entered automatically (or at least prompted) when going to a site that mSecure contains the credentials for.

It would be great if mSecure had that as well. 

It would be even greater if that worked with mobile Chrome on iOS.

I see the current iOS extension but it only works with Safari, and it requires that I remember that my password is stored there (no auto-prompt), then click Share, then click the mSecure option. That's a lot to remember and not exactly intuitive (I'm not sharing). So the current functionality could be improved upon to be useful.

15 Personen gefällt die Idee

I feel the same.........

Hi Chris,

The mSecure 6 beta was just released, and for the Mac version, there is now a browser extension. I'm not sure which OS you are running, but if it's Windows, there won't be a browser extension right from the start of the v6 release. It will be added to the app in a future release, however. We are planning to release to the public as soon as possible after we get the needed feedback from our beta testers.

Hi Mike,

Can you please advise how someone can join the beta for v6 on Mac? Will the v6 upgrade require a new purchase if I have already purchased Pro?

@Mike - mSecure

So, Mike, it is correct to say that we will have the discontinuation of mSecure 5 and an upgrade (paid) for mSecure 6 soon. That's right?

Hi John,

Unfortunately, for your request here, we do not give out release targets or dates. We learned our lesson with the release of mSecure 5 :-)

I switched to LastPass due to the delay of this standard feature. Frankly, I still like mSecure much more than Dashlane, 1Password and LastPass (tried them all) but will continue not recommending it until this feature is supported for all major platforms/browsers. I have 6 family members that have approached me for recommendations on a password manager and was disappointed that I could only mention but not recommend mSecure. I was a die hard advocate for a onetime payment and that's why I originally switched to mSecure. I would pay a subscription in a heart beat with this feature after having experienced other PW managers. Please just make this happen as soon as possible. You have a fantastic platform and feature set. Only missing this one (very important) standard feature which in the end I believe will make or break mSecures future.

This tread is over 2 years old and the last update is three months old.  What is the status on bringing mSecure plugins to Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Opera in Windows 10 and IOS?

So it's 2019 and pretty much most competitors have this feature now :/

Can you make it a high priority to add browser extensions please

Also support for the Brave browser would be good too

Just wish mSecure would explain to us "what is the problem writing a simple browser extension script"................ Virtually every other notable PM program has Browser Extensions as standard........... What' the problem ???

Hi 2Cents and Ron,

Thank you for your feedback 2Cents. Unfortunately, or fortunately, this is the sentiment of a lot of customers lately. Fortunately, we are making lots of progress towards finishing our browser plugins. Ron, it's not a problem. Programming simply takes time specially when you are a small company like we are. I hope you understand that browser plugins are not just a simple extension script. In order to release a decent browser plugin, the plugin must work under lots of different scenarios and be able to process most of the different forms, ajax, javascript, etc. found on websites. In order for it to "just work" there needs to be a lot of programming going on in the background to capture and process the correct data. There's also always security concerns to keep in mind as well. 

We have a few people dedicated to the extension/plugin now and are making great progress with the feature. However, we are likely to take a bit in releasing this feature to polish what we have and to release it along side other big features we are also currently working on such as sharing features that allow you to share groups with other mSecure users, dark themes for all platforms, a new tagging system, password history, password and date reminders, haveibeenpwned.com integration for our Security Center, and many other additional features or enhancements (remove custom icons from Mac/iOS, additional attachments, Security Center for Windows). 

Thank you for the quick response. I'm a developer and fully understand the mentioned constraints. I also understand that by choosing to keep the one time purchase (by popular demand) it severely limits mSecures resources. mSecure is doing a FANTASTIC job with what you have to work with and keeping it a one time payment app. I always get a little curious when I see people in reviews complain about having to pay again for mSecure5 and saying they are switching to an app that charges double or triple PER YEAR what mSecure costs.  Thank you for your continued efforts. I'll be keeping a close eye on the progress and switch back as soon as released. :)

Thank you for the explanation Eden....... it's very much appreciated and I do not wish to appear rude or unappreciative of your efforts, mSecure is a fine PM.

Like many, I have been a keen supporter of 1Password since 2011............  I have tried many other PM's as a replacement but I like mSecure best of all, the only aspect that holds me back is the lack of Safari and Chrome plugins. 

There is another reason  I like mSecure so much, that is, it is the only PM I have tried that "accurately" and effortlessly imports my existing 1Password  .pif exported files. The data import into mSecure is faultless and  without loss of content or integrity. Manyt (not all) other PM's I have tried depend on CSV imports which is not as accurate or as comprehensive as .pif, in my opinion.....

Not being a programmer myself I don't understand the reasons, I'm just a little frustrated waiting for those extensions to mSecure.............bear with me.....

Ron.

I've given up on waiting for mSecure within Chrome - have moved to LastPass.

mSecure 6 will follow a more traditional upgrade model where it will install over the top of the previous version, so mSecure 5 will no longer be available in the app store.

While the full details for the mSecure 6 pricing model are not yet ready to be released, licensed mSecure 5 users will not have to pay an upgrade fee to continue with all of the features they have in mSecure 5. Also, there will be upgrades that come for free to mSecure 5 users, but there will also be some premium features that will require a purchase to use.

In short, licensed mSecure 5 users will get an upgrade at no cost, but not all features will be available without an extra purchase. We plan to send out email communication to our customers as we get closer to the mSecure 6 release.

Hello

Do we have any idea of when mSecure 6 will become available?

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen