Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

In Arbeit

Shared passwords

My wife and I have several shared accounts (Netflix, mortgage, house wifi password, etc.).

I'd love to have a separate list of records for shared passwords, that would sync when either of us create, update or delete records in that list (assuming we both have mSecure).

The way I envision it is to have a "Open List" option in the menu. It would show lists I have created. I can create a new list (using a different password for that list), and choose to share that list with another user, based on their msecure account email address. Her account would then show that list when she chooses "Open List". I would tell her the password for that list, so that she could unlock it. I'm guessing a requirement is that the backup is stored in msecure cloud, so that both accounts can access it.

It's a large sized Feature Request, but it would be great for couples, families, etc.

10 Personen gefällt die Idee

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry that I have not changed the feature request properly here. In truth, I have not updated the value on many of the feature requests here. I will make sure to update all the feature requests here this upcoming week. This feature is fully underway. We have it working on Android, iOS, and Mac properly in testing. Sharing will have it's own section in our app. We will be providing options to mark shared users with  read only, read/write, and full admin permissions to make sure you can provide more granular control on how you share your information. Initially, we were going to make it so that customers could share Groups. However, we've decided to change that and instead introduce Vaults or Collections to mSecure and allows users to share those instead. 

In the future, mSecure will use Collections and allow you to share those collections with others. Collections will work similarly to how Groups work at the moment with records being set to be in your personal collection by default with the ability to create new collections, move records from collection to collection, and share those collections with others. 

At the moment, our main work is in implementing the UI for the sharing feature and finishing the browser plugin (also working on Chrome/Firefox already). We do not currently have public betas for mSecure. However, we will likely be doing a public beta soon to go over this sharing feature, browser plugins, and other features we've been working on. 

That was meant to be a thumbs up... thanks for the update Eden.

@Eden

Will this be a free update or a paid one?

When will this feature be coming? Will it appear in the Windows 10 app?

Is there any progess on this topic? I don't see this feature on any platform. And as mentioned on techradar.com in their msecure review, the missing possibility to share passwords is the biggest  disadvantage compared to the competitors.

Hi Marko,

Thank you for contacting us! mSecure 6 is nearing its first beta release. Because of the cross-account sharing and some other big changes to the data structures and UI, we are currently in the process of testing and polishing. As soon as possible, we will be contacting our customers who signed up as beta testers to let them know the release is ready. It is our goal to have it released by the end of the year.

Hi, can I also have an update as I love this app but If password sharing or family sharing isn’t an option very soon I will have to uninstall and move to the completion. Reluctantly. Thanks, Alastair

Hi Alastair,

I'm not sure what you mean here. We are in the process of getting mSecure 6 ready for release, and that version does have cross-account sharing in it. When you ask to have an update, what do you mean?

Glad to hear that V6 will be out soon.  4 months ago it was 'soon' in Beta version.  Has that happened? If not, when?  If so, when do you expect the full release?

Thank you.

Hi Burt,

Thank you for the post! We're about at the end of putting all the finishing touches on the first beta release. For awhile now, it has been feature complete, but there was a lot of polishing that needed to be done, and other "little" things outside the app supporting the system needed to be worked on as well. We never like to place concrete dates on releases until we know they are ready, and we're almost there. I hope to be making an announcement for the first beta in the next couple of weeks. As always, something could arise that delays this trajectory, but is really close to being ready. As for the public release, we hope it will be able to available in the app stores with about two months of beta testing. 

As I understand this thread is partially concerning vaults in mSecure. I now beta test v 6, and can't find any solution on how to create vaults. I have deleted all entries and made a new fresh import from 1Password, but even then it seems that it only stores in one vault: private. Is there still no way to create vaults?

I will say, if mSecure doesn't bring shared password groups to the next version I'm done. We've been watching this feature for over 2 years with nearly zero updates while the industry has moved far beyond mSecure with innovative features and security. 

@Thomas In order to create Vaults, you need to use the Sharing Center. As a beta tester, there are questions you will naturally have, and if you post them in the beta testing thread, I can help you pretty quickly there. New features are not documented yet, because we're still working out kinks through the beta period. When the app is released, you'll have more help from online documentation, but until that time, just post in the beta forum, or send and email to the address in the beta announcements, and I'll help.

@Jason Cross-account sharing will be available in v6.

Thanks Mike. I posted here since this was the only thread I could find that mentioned v 6. My bad. I’ll try to find the Sharing Center-it’s not in settings in the iOS version?

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen